Two Classics

Rooster52

Here is two of my classic 30-30's. Both pre crossbolt safety Marlins .Who owns one of these ?

I had a Malin 30A Glenfield in 30-30 for a few years when I was a kid. I ended up selling it because you're pretty much limited to a max 200-225 yard shot. Just not an effective weapon for the wide open spaces of NV hunting deer, antelope and elk. Guess I could have kept it for plinking. I used that money for part of the purchase of a Remington 7mm Mag and never looked back, that would have been around 1980 and I'm still hunting with my 7 mag.

I had a Malin 30A Glenfield in 30-30 for a few years when I was a kid. I ended up selling it because you're pretty much limited to a max 200-225 yard shot. Just not an effective weapon for the wide open spaces of NV hunting deer, antelope and elk. Guess I could have kept it for plinking. I used that money for part of the purchase of a Remington 7mm Mag and never looked back, that would have been around 1980 and I'm still hunting with my 7 mag.

Probably looked a bit like this one? I don't own a better handling or balancing rifle.

20160629_214456.jpg

Ive got my dads Glenfield 30A in the safe. It's Randy11's rifles twin. Killed several whitetails with it growing up. I still break it out about once a year and burn a box of core-lokts through it for fun but it hasn't seen the woods in a while. May have to change that this fall.

I have a mint Glenfield the wife uses, and I have a cross bolt safety Marlin, took my first 20 or so deer with it. Its been retired to the safe, but not forgotten.

I don't have an old one, but do have a Marlin 336 30-30 that I inherited. Either I or my son will be trying to put it to use this year on deer.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back