Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Turkey Sniping 101

Big Sky

Let's just say Saturday morning went better for me than this turkey. Got to love Montana, 6 more months and I'll be harassing them again only with a shotgun and a box call.
TurkeyTroyGun02.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-16-2002 09:29: Message edited by: Big Sky ]</font>

Head shot at 300 yards? Cool beans man. Didn't know any western states had rifle seasons for them. Congrats.

T bone

Head shot at 300 yards. I'm good but not that good. On a side note both Wyoming and Montana allow rifles for turkey. However in Montana it's only allowed in the fall. In the spring you must use archery tackle or shotguns.

Just becasue T-bane shot a turkey in the hear with a broadhead at 30+ yards he thinks everyone can do it :D :D

NICE bird man !!!! I am looking foward to the Spring hunt here myself in 4.5 months !!!

Colorado Oak snow has been far too rare this year. Hope we get some soon or things might get awful dusty this summer. Ithaca37, no I haven't posted them yet. We'll see as there are quite a few, and besides it's pretty tough to compete with guys like you, DeerKing, Greenhorn, Fuggingoodhunter, Weekend Warrior and Moosie. Oh and as to the rifle it's a Remington Varmitmaster in 22-250.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-17-2002 07:26: Message edited by: Big Sky ]</font>

Great rifle and caliber! It's not a matter of competing with others on this board. We're all on the same team. When we get the new section filled up we'll challenge other hunting bulletin boards to look at it and see if they can do as well!

I never consider myself in competition with anyone on hunting. I do it for myself and all the enjoyment I get from it and I hope everyone else has great success in their hunting.
But this board can't help getting new members if more people see the kind of success we have here!

Okay Ithaca 37, there's a few photos posted over there now for everyone to view. Pretty tough to get out much with this teaching job and trying to raise 5 kids with one on he way, but I think I made fairly good use of my limited time. Go have a look in the deer and big game forums of he 2002 season.

Great bird.I think I will try it this next fall. Spring is comming soon and will be out on that one for sure....Congrats..
biggrin.gif

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back