Turkey plans?

I'll be heading to Nebraska in two weeks, then Minnesota in Mid-April, and Wisconsin in early May. Pretty jacked up for Nebraska!

Reactions: LCH
First time hunting turkeys this spring. I pulled a resident tag in Wyoming, probably pick up a general if I get into some birds. Has anyone hunted turkeys in NE Wyo?

My plans are to hope snow melts so birds are in usual places and access is good. Best case scenario is get my wife and dad a bird and then hunt for myself.

I’ll be hunting MN archery this spring, and then I’ll spend a weekend in north central Nebraska at the end of April after helping a buddy brand his cattle.

Public land birds here in NC. We do have some permit hunt areas and I drew one for the first week of May, so we'll see how that goes. 2 bird limit here and if I am fortunate to punch the first tag, I think I'm going to try killing the second using only a wingbone call.

Not sure of my hunting plans however in the next few weeks I'm hoping to put together some TSS loads. I'm mostly curious about it and like the idea of customizing rounds

Easterns in Missouri, Merriam's in Montana.

Hopefully work doesn't get in the way.

I'll be chasing toms here in Ohio again as per usual. I was really hoping they would have the new public land ODNR purchased opened to the public by then but it appears like it isn't going to be opened until next fall. That would be about another 2000 acres of public land a few minutes from my house to hunt.

NC. Public primarily and guide some folks on public or private. I hope to make it to Ohio for a hunt with some friends and to check out a new piece of public I plan on frequenting during November. Maybe slide down the hill to Georgia and hunt a bird or 2 as well. I may try and take the bow once or twice.

Getting my son out during youth season here in WI for his first “hunt.” Then trying to fill my WI tag and helping a few others do so as well. Hopefully smoked turkey pot pie will be on the menu in a few months. Good luck to everyone this spring

Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado for sure. May get a trip in to south Mississippi as well.

Northern Arizona for my gal and I. I helped her get her first turkey last year so we shall see if our luck holds. Nevada turkey tag draws are about every three years for me and this was not my year.

I drew my early tag in Utah, can not wait for the thunder chicken chase in a month!!!

Flying to Denver and hunting Colorado the first week in May. If anybody wants to share some Colorado turkey spots, let me know. Lol

If I can kill one quick in Colorado, I’ll head to another State.

Reactions: LCH
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back