Caribou Gear Tarp

Tundra transmission flush?

I just did this yesterday.

Rear diff: stupidly easy. Not sure what the change history was, and the fluid didn’t look too bad.

Transfer case: the hardest part was getting the shield off and on. Other than that it was also stupidly easy. Fluid looked fine and probably didn’t need changed, but its a quart and a half of gear oil. Big deal.

Front diff: stupidly easy to drain, filling was a bit of a challenge. Ran my funnel out to the wheel well. Fluid was due, not terrible looking but ready to be changed.

Transmission: easy to drain, was pretty easy snaking a fill tube down by the engine into the fill port. The fluid didn’t look bad at all, still clear and red (although a darker red). I didn’t tend up doing a fill drain, I just drained and filled the pan 2x.

Adjusting the fill level isn’t too hard either. I overfilled it by a quart, then you remove the check plug with the engine running. Once the overflow is just dribbling you can replace the check plug. You just have to make sure the tranny is in the right temperature range.

Just have to decide on shocks and install those and it’s ready for hunting season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back