Caribou Gear

Trump talks Hunting and PLA with F&S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as crazy as the guy is, it looks like he just got my vote.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well. I think he is the first presidential candidate to step out and actually go on the record for supporting public lands and the 2nd amendment.

It is good that he said that and hopefully other candidates are listening, but I have a hard time believing anything he says. In fact, I don't. A 5 second Google search produced Trump speaking of his admiration for Cliven Bundy, as well as this op ed he wrote in the Reno-Gazette Journal. From the op ed:

The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians. Far removed from the beautiful wide open spaces of Nevada, bureaucrats bend to the influence that is closest to them. Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation. In and around Clark County, the situation is even worse.

Because the BLM is so reluctant to release land to local disposition in Nevada, the cost of land has skyrocketed and the cost of living has become an impediment to growth.

I have a feeling those "arbitrary and capricious rules" are the ones that make hunting good.

Having 2 sons that are avid hunters I think is what might have brought him around. Trump Jr. just had a great interview on Bowsite.com on the subject.

Compared to Ted Cruz who has said about 1,000 times he is going to push to get rid of federal management of public land at a minimum I think Trump seems to be a much better alternative.

Trump may not be a politician, but he does exactly what they all do in that he tells the people he's speaking to at the time what he knows they want to hear. That's whether it's this interview talking about the outdoors and public land or the people he was speaking to in Iowa a couple days ago about ethanol. The guy is an egomaniac that wants to be in the public eye and isn't just interested in being wealthy, but rather has to be out where he can flaunt himself. He speaks the truth about a lot of things, but if you look closely he hasn't come up with the way he would solve most of the problems that are being discussed in this campaign.

It is good that he said that and hopefully other candidates are listening, but I have a hard time believing anything he says. In fact, I don't. A 5 second Google search produced Trump speaking of his admiration for Cliven Bundy, as well as this op ed he wrote in the Reno-Gazette Journal. From the op ed:

I have a feeling those "arbitrary and capricious rules" are the ones that make hunting good.

And this article that was posted on the other thread-

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donald-trump-takes-on-federal-land-control/article/2579978

I'm not buying it.

I don't know if he's being honest, but at least his sons might have put a new idea in his head.

Plus, who else would you vote for? The criminal Hitlery, or the commie Bernie?

Just a couple of cents, then I'm out. When faced with this election I look at the one side of the aisle, which is Dem's and Rep's who hate Donald Trump. They would sell anything and I do mean anything to get more money. On the other side is Donald who as far as I know, is a businessman who's doing pretty well for himself, and funding his own campaign.
I don't agree with everything he says, I haven't agreed with everything anyone has said, but I do know who I will trust with my tax dollar.
If they hate him that much, and this morning it appears to be getting worse, how can he do worse than they?

I don't know if he's being honest, but at least his sons might have put a new idea in his head.

A reality TV star as President, who would have thunk?

Exactly....what are the other options? Cruz out, Hillary and Bernie definitely out. Trump it is.

Attachments

• Bear2.JPG
    Bear2.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members