Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Trump on Public Lands-Maybe Not the Ally You Thought Edition

Pearce Knows how I feel,but I don't need the Fed's looking me up....
I will send a bite my tongue re-election congrates, with a bite on his well known stance.
My biggest fear is the true hate for the Forest Circus,BLM & Fed's in general the locals have. They are truely and openly hated now here where I live.
Full Sagebrush Rebellion stuff.
Guess these fools just figure the cheap leased lands will be theirs now tax free. Given to them.
Sure they will.
I know who the head sales weasel is.
Fools & their land & $ are soon parted. Rule #1 from King Con.

Last edited:
They have a lot of BS bills on the sidelines. Every time they pull one from the closet, we need to knock the political chit out of them. This week and the next month is just the pre-season, as they know they have zero hope until they take control in January. After that, have your knives sharp and your horn filled with powder. Gonna be two really tough years.

The rest of the response isn't much better.
"National Parks and wilderness areas are an important part of our federal lands system, ensuring we are responsible in our conservation efforts and ensure protection of our important landmarks and parks for future generations. However, I am cognizant of the fact that many western states contain federal lands that constitute a sizeable portion of their respective states and thereby lose potential for state revenues and can impede the economic growth opportunities within the states. Congress must ensure we work to balance individual state needs while ensuring that we responsibly manage these important federal land areas. I look forward to taking part in any discussions about the interaction between federal and state stakeholders regarding the operation and control of these lands and how best federal and state government stakeholders can ensure they are efficiently operated.

I recognize the need to protect and ensure the sustainability of our environment and the vast natural resources that our nation has been blessed with. However, we must balance those priorities with consideration for our nation’s economic outlook. At a time when workforce participation rates remain unacceptably low, we should be focused on growing our economy and using policy to protect businesses and jobs. Be assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind should H.R. 2316 or related legislation come to the House floor for a vote."

Post from President Elect Trump just minutes ago.

Honoring the legacy of Theodore Roosevelt, we will conserve and protect our beautiful natural resources for the next generation – including protecting lands for anglers, hunters and all who enjoy the outdoors.

I'll judge him on his actions, not his words. Because honestly, we know you can't put much faith in his twitter account when it comes to honesty and accuracy.

His pick for EPA was awful if you like clean air and water.

I'll judge him on his actions, not his words. Because honestly, we know you can't put much faith in his twitter account when it comes to honesty and accuracy.

His pick for EPA was awful if you like clean air and water.

I see where you're coming from, but at least he's saying the right things. So many others aren't.

I see where you're coming from, but at least he's saying the right things. So many others aren't.

When they're telling you it's raining while pissing down your back, they're saying the right things. ;)

Pruitt is possibly one of the worst picks for the EPA job. He's tied so closely with polluters that as AG of OK, he let them write his comments on regulatory issues. His job as EPA administrator would be to regulate the companies that he pals around with.

We'll see what he does for Interior, but the leading candidate is Mary Fallin (though there are some rumors she's out) has sold state parks to donors. The other, Cynthia Lummis, is a big supporter of transfer and wants to eliminate the BLM planning regulations that increase citizen involvement in public land planning.

If Trump picks a moderate for Interior, it would go a long way towards ensuring that his statements about TR ring true. Alas, I don't see it happening.

Ben, I'm not sure what will disappoint you more..whether your instincts were right..or wrong.;)

When they're telling you it's raining while pissing down your back, they're saying the right things. ;)

Pruitt is possibly one of the worst picks for the EPA job. He's tied so closely with polluters that as AG of OK, he let them write his comments on regulatory issues. His job as EPA administrator would be to regulate the companies that he pals around with.

We'll see what he does for Interior, but the leading candidate is Mary Fallin (though there are some rumors she's out) has sold state parks to donors. The other, Cynthia Lummis, is a big supporter of transfer and wants to eliminate the BLM planning regulations that increase citizen involvement in public land planning.

If Trump picks a moderate for Interior, it would go a long way towards ensuring that his statements about TR ring true. Alas, I don't see it happening.

Ben, I'm not well enough informed on the EPA pick to even comment. I will have to defer to you on that.

As far as the comment from Trump above, all I'm saying is at least he's not telling us he wants to dispose of public lands like Cruz did. Things could be worse at that this point, if we ended up with Cruz. Time will tell if he's being truthful.

Ben, I'm not sure what will disappoint you more..whether your instincts were right..or wrong.;)

I'm not sure either, but if I'm wrong, we all win - and there's comfort in that. ;)

SE - We knew exactly where we stood with Cruz. That's an enemy you can fight. The enemy you can't fight is the one who conceals themselves and works in misdirection at all times. I hope I'm wrong, but based on his other picks, I'm not sure.

So Trump picked someone to head the EPA who knows what it is like to deal with the endless circus of unnecessary and redundant regulations, from a bunch of inept, overcompensated and unnecessary bureaucrats. I will definitely reserve judgment on this person until I see what their policies are. Hopefully the EPA can get back to protecting the environment, instead of waging political war on the energy industry, infringing on Tribal sovereignty and making up the rules as they go along, without weighing the cost/benefit of their actions. The EPA is so poorly ran at the regional level right now, decent/ competent/ hardworking objective people don't last long before going elsewhere. Hopefully that can change.
Clean air. Clean water. Less BS.
Only time will tell. I have my doubts.

I've never been too keen on the whole climate change thing honestly. I believe it is changing. I believe human actions influence it.
I also believe it is used as a political tool to tax and centralize power, without any meaningful gain in the war against global warming. I'm all for not polluting. I'm not for killing an industry, a tax source(that funds pensions and education), power source and thousands of jobs for symbolism of 'trying' to do the right thing. This is what I mean in the cost/benefit statement I made above.

I think it is the height of arrogance when a bunch of elites fly to a conference on private planes and agree to a set number that they will reduce emissions, or the temperature of the earth by, by signing their names to a piece of paper.
Can't keep the maggots out of a vet's wound or deliver the mail, but can alter global temperatures.

Last edited:
Not sure why anybody would believe a thing that comes out of his mouth (or Twitter account). Drain the swamp indeed.

I don't believe much of anything that comes out of his mouth. Don't forget, he's the one who said, nobody, absolutely nobody, respects women more than he does. Anyone believe that given the crap that's come out of his mouth concerning women?

I hope like hell he's only half as dangerous as I think he eventually will be, but I won't hold my breath.

Trump just keeps picking great people. Keep it up Donald. Finally someone who actually cares about the future of our country and who will put America first. I'm loving this, every time he chooses a person for his administration, liberal heads everywhere explode! LOL

When trump publically calls out the RNC on their platform of transferring public lands (and publically opposes the TPL...I may start believing him).

Until then, I would really like to know just WTF he plans to do to "save" hunting, fishing, and public lands.??? I would hope drastic increases in funding for Federal Land Management Agencies would be high on the list.

His track record of hanging around with Peay. has me, just a pinch more than slightly skeptical he'll do anything but blow more smoke about protecting hunting and angling.

I think he's long on mouth and short on ears...

Last edited:
How is he going to over-come the hurdle of "protecting lands" when his party has a 180 degree vision of what they want for "all of us to enjoy the outdoors"???

Pretty tough to "protect lands for anglers and hunters and all who enjoy the outdoors" when YOUR party wants to privatize and sell off public lands...don't you think?

I'm not thrilled with his EPA pick, but I also don't remember any president in several terms saying he will honor the legacy of Theodore Roosevelt or even brining up the issue of hunters and anglers and Roosevelts legacy as important in the way Roosevelt made it. These are just words the person he puts in charge of the Department of Interior and Agriculture will show me what he actually believes.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back