Trucks

ktc

I got a question. I am thinking about a new truck over the next year. I currently own a 95 Ford diesel. My next one will be a four door, one ton, diesel,4x4, with a short bed.
eek.gif

You guys that have drove a few, what are your thoughts? Which brand? Ford, Chev, or Dodge? I want quality. I am leaning towards the Dodge, considering a Chev, and have kind of ruled out a Ford because of engine problem rumors.

What brand do you feel is the best
cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-23-2003 15:55: Message edited by: ktc ]</font>

Well I have a DODGE 2500 Deisel and it just beat the crap out of a FORD F250. Mine might have some damage, but the FORD is in far worse condition that my DODGE.
wink.gif

I think they are all good in their own way. Mysiself, I am a DODGE person all the way as I have had nothing but good luck with them for many years.

I ran Fords, my sons ran Fords for years. Bought them new every couple of years. Then we started having WARRANTY problems. We had to fight to get the most trivial things fixed under warranty. Too much fine print. We all switched to Dodges, and no problem. Ford never let me down on the road, but fighting to get a tranny fixed or injectors repaired under warranty soured me on them.

I'm going to get a Toyota on my next truck. They last forever and can take alot of abuse...Just ask the history of mine..LOL...I hit a cow and it was also tipped on it's side once, plus I've hauled a lot of loads of every thing in it...
It is only a couple thousand miles shy of three hundred thousand!!!
biggrin.gif

I'd have to say go Dodge and don't look back. My dad's got an '03 Cummins and loves it and also had an '02 Cummins and didn't have one problem with either. On the other hand he had an F-350 PowerStroke before the '02 and had nothing but problems and got rid of it with just under 15,000 miles on it.

i saw the results of a ford hitting a dodge head on from the passenger side. the dodge did have far less damage. being a truck driver i will tell you that the cummins engine will be much easier to get serviced in a pinch you can go to a dodge dealer, any heavy truck dealer or any truckstop and they will be able to work on it. the power stroke is actually an international engine and fewer places will be able to handle it properly. all 3 are good trucks though and its mostly a matter of choice and which one you get the best deal on.

Ive had all 3 makes, all in gas engines, i love my 2001 ford f150 4x4 [34,000] on it triton big v8 it`s quiet and smooth, great off road and no cd skip offroad, the chevy had electrical problems and the dodge tranny locked up[overdrive problems], have a small nissan also [bulletproof] little truck, you might want to check out the new nissan [titan] unless your set on diesel.

Thanks for the replies, but you can keep 'em comin'
smile.gif

You guys that recommended the rice burners I know what you are saying. That are runners for sure. I need something full size though
wink.gif

It looks like Dodge is in the lead here. Are the new models as good as their previous model?
confused.gif

The comment on the Cummins motor, I will agree. Hands down the motor in the Dodge is the best one out there. I just worry about the rest of the truck
eek.gif
. Has anyone heard of any tranny problems with the new beefy auto in '04?
eek.gif

The new Nissan is a full-size truck with (I think) a 305 HP V-8, but no diesel that I know of. It sounds great, but I would wait a year or two to make sure the bugs are worked out. I love my '02 Ford F-350 Super Duty, but I have the V-10 gas motor. No problems, and it is a heavy duty off-road machine.

If you are hauling passengers in that 4-door, be sure to check out the back seats. Some of the 4-doors have no more room than a extended cab. I would have gotten a F-150 but for that.

I know several people with The Chevy/Allison/Duramax combos and they can't say enough about them. I witnesssed one pulling a huge homemade very heavy travel trailer with ease that used to make the guys former truck with a 454 struggle. This was a 1800 mile roundtrip route thru the mountains. Still got about 12 MPG driving 75-80 MPG. Last time I looked at Dodge they were very lacking in ride and interior capabilities. Overall DODGE is behind in overall quality.

Well, tomorrow I take delievery of my, 2004 F250 4x4 Crew Cab, Diesel, Short Bed. I have been on a site for Fords ,www.ford-truck.com, true the new one are having their problems. But I got to say I just love the look of a 250, big, bad and bold. I had a friend price me out a new Dodge and it was alot less than what I paid for my Ford, but I got what I want, no compromise, all the bells and whistles, granted we will be sleeping in the back seat, because I have to sell my house, but there is plenty of room. I can't wait to get my truck. It was suppose to deliever today but was delayed. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything. I enjoy the heck out of rolling around in my little 1990 Bronco II, I can't imagine what this will be like. I got all kinds of roadtrips bouncing around in my head. Basicly, do your homework, feel good about your decision and get the one you want. I got my Ford because I liked it the best. Not because I disliked Dodge or Chevy. The damn thing moved me. Good Luck, JLG.

Congrats on your new ride JLG! time to let that little bronco have a rest, How that ass-kicking rock and roll sound now?

CJ, this is the third time I have tried to respond to you, I tried last night no luck, than the server thing this morning. I had to drop the Bronco off for a well need front end alignment yesterday. I was driving the 250. I dropped the AC/DC CD into the player and you know what, the asskicking rock & roll sounds damn good bouncing off the 4 doors. Weither, it's the close confines of the little Bronco or the cavernious spaces of the big duece fifty, it sounds great. Everytime, I look in my driveway I can't believe it's mine. It's still a dream. Good Luck, JLG.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back