Best new 3/4 ton gasser?

What kind of mileage do you get on the godzilla pulling that trailer, I made the mistake of test driving the 6.7 and I’m about ready to shell out.
The old test drive gets you every time

yup got I have 11k on mine now gettin 14 going back n forth to camp hyw,2 lane and back road
Nice! I have a 2016 6.2. Reliable, what I do would be considered extreme compared to the average 4x4 owner. If im lucky I’ll get 13 hwy unloaded. I figure the 7.3 with the deep gears would probably be about the same. Truth is I just don’t want to get into another payment.

Just my opinion and it has been wrong...once. lol I'm not sure why anyone would think truck prices are going anywhere but up ...may stabilize where it's at for a few years but I dont see them coming down without a total economic collapse
Well, here we are.

You getting a good deal?
Economy is collapsing, fuel prices are going to shut down gas guzzling truck sales. The deals are gonna be there. Just wait. Just like 2010 when diesels were 10 grand off and still not selling.

Economy is collapsing, fuel prices are going to shut down gas guzzling truck sales. The deals are gonna be there. Just wait. Just like 2010 when diesels were 10 grand off and still not selling.
ive already got mine so im just living the dream of $5/ gallon but 10 grand off what $80k,70, 60? at which point do you think that is a good deal ? I would consider all that stabilizing

ive already got mine so im just living the dream of $5/ gallon but 10 grand off what $80k,70, 60? at which point do you think that is a good deal ? I would consider all that stabilizing
None of that then or now is stabilizing. They were selling at losses to dump inventory because of circumstances beyond control.

None of that then or now is stabilizing. It’s all self induced. It was avoidable.

Just using cars as the example, when those prices were hitting rock bottom and units were t moving people lost their jobs because they weren’t needed anymore.

To call what we are seeing now stabilizing would be very inaccurate.

I looked very briefly at trucks. With used prices what they are due to the shortages for building new I just said no thanks. I don’t need the truck I have now and could easily downsize but, I don’t have a payment, so that offsets what I’m guzzling in fuel.

The last few years of my working life I pulled RV trailers out of Portland Up and down the west coast. I used a Dodge 3/4T with Cummins engine. Beauty of the diesel for you would be much better fuel mileage. I had my engine chipped and got 15 mpg pulling and 22 mpg MTY. The favorite truck for pulling RV for delivery was the Ford 3/4T With the Ford diesel. Guy I was leased to had one and at 750,000 miles decided to put in a new engine just because of the mileage. They put in a new one and pulled the old one down and wear on the bearings was about ziltge! They said one million miles would have been easy. There was one problem with my Dodge, a 2000. Had the auto trans and typically they gave up the ghost around 180,000 miles. I got 230,000 out of mine and it went out cost $2500 to rebuild. No idea how the ford trans does. About the Chevy, very few people use them to deliver RV's seems the problem is maintenace on them, supposed to be very expensive. Ford is #1 and Dodge #2 pulling RV's. I have talked to a few guys with Chevy diesels and didn't get a complaint from them but then they weren't putting well over 100,ooo miles a year on them either. My #1 pick today would be the 3/4T ford with the diesel but I would not walk away from a good deal on the Dodge with the Cummins. I would steer clear of the gas engines but they have one advantage over the diesel. They start easier in really cold weather without a plug in. Down side is if you get a big engine you might get horrible gas mileage. Diesel much better there!

I have a 6.2 Ford for work. It's OK. Hunts for gears and power is pedestrian. Fords problem is searching for that better engine in their trucks. Meanwhile, the LS and Duramax engines have been in vehicles since 1999. Now Ford is on to the 7.3. mtmuley

I have a 6.2 Ford for work. It's OK. Hunts for gears and power is pedestrian. Fords problem is searching for that better engine in their trucks. Meanwhile, the LS and Duramax engines have been in vehicles since 1999. Now Ford is on to the 7.3. mtmuley
Gm already dropped their 6.0 from their hd line, now the 5.3 is on its way out for the 1/2 tons. Hope they don't get too carried away with getting rid of everything that made them known for building reliable work horses.

Figured I'd follow up with you all. I'm about 10 months into a 2022 Ram Power Wagon and am pretty happy with it. I've spent quite a few miles on washboardy forest service roads this year and it beats the heck out of my old 2015 Tradesman Ram 2500. It's not smooth, but much smoother. I air down the tires a bit and it seems to help more than with my 2015. All the offroading bells and whistles are kind of fun too. Sway bar disconnect, front and/or rear lockers, etc. All that is new to me. I used to take my old front wheel drive Chevy Citation bouncing through the forest, who knew I was supposed to have all these gadgets and a big truck before doing that?

The PW model with its softer off-road suspension does lose some towing capacity, truth be told I could have probably gotten away with a modern half ton for my camper or ATV hauler, both less than 10k lbs. But for 3/4 tons, Fords were just too giant and my local Chev and GMC dealers never had anything available, ever, just to test drive one since I've had Rams for a decade. So I still have no idea how the 3/4 ton GM's ride. Anyway, the Ram dealer in Cortez delivered it to me in Grand Junction and took my trade, I never even set foot in their office. I'm definitely spoiled.

I'm probably late to the party compared to Allison transmissions, but whatever Ram did with this newer 8-spd transmission, I highly approve. Dragging my ATV hauler trailer off the Grand Mesa, about a 6,000 ft elevation drop in an hour, I hardly touch the brakes. And going uphill is no problem for that 6.4L, you just have be ok with high RPMs...and gas bills. Same 6.4 as in my old 2015, but whatever they've done to tune things up, it's noticeable.

Once auto transmissions start having issues, it rarely gets better. mtmuley
Our Plan B started having tran' issues that the warrantor can't seem to isolate symptoms of.

"Just bring it back in when it's doing it, we have you on record as a warrantable event."

Back