Caribou Gear Tarp

Truck seat covers

The seat covers are awesome, they have been in my truck for about a year and are still like the day they went in. The installation instructions walk you through step by step and are a pain, but the fit is excellent and they haven’t needed adjusting since they went in. I had the gun slings put across the back and they work well, it’s nice to still have full use of my rear seat. I did have issues with my wood stocked rifles sliding but I stuck a piece of non slip toolbox mat in that end and solved that issue.
If you have any specific questions give them a call, walked me through a couple of the different options.

I put a set of marathon covers on my 07 Dodge back in 2009. I finally took them off last week and my seats were perfect underneath. Covers were good aside from the drivers seat that showed wear so I now have a truck with over 250k that has perfect leather seats. I highly recommend them. I had the cordura cloth version.

I have 400,000 miles on marathon superhides. Haven't touched them/tightened since the day they went on. Tighter than a 2nd skin.

I've had a set of Marathon seat covers front and rear in my '97 Dodge truck since 2004 and 250,000+ miles later they are still going strong. They were pricey even back in 2000 but worth every penny. No adjustments ever needed and the seats underneath look like new.
I need to get some for my new 2017. :)

Last edited:
Wish they had some to fit Doug :(
SFC, give them a call and see what they can do, they might be willing to pattern one if they dont have it. Otherwise, if I remember seeing it right, doug is an older truck, check marathon seat covers. They had covers for my old 94 chevy crew cab.

SFC, give them a call and see what they can do, they might be willing to pattern one if they dont have it. Otherwise, if I remember seeing it right, doug is an older truck, check marathon seat covers. They had covers for my old 94 chevy crew cab.
I did call them.....just not enough of a market for them. Truth be told I MAY be eyeing a bucket seat conversion kit. :)

I did call them.....just not enough of a market for them. Truth be told I MAY be eyeing a bucket seat conversion kit. :)
Good call, I considered doing the same with my 94. You sound as bad as me, "I can't get seat covers so I better get a new interior so I can get seat covers." 🤣

Calln all Montana Ram owners!
Any local Dodge owners wanting seat covers for a "smaller rear door" quad cab Tradesman. Head on over an see the folks at Headwaters please. They said they need a new body style to design off of an you'll get free covers. And then a bunch of us will be able to buy some for ours. They seem great to deal with an custom accessory pocket options to boot.

How do people feel about the gun scabbards from Headwaters? Easy to get guns in/out quickly? Seems like they would make it easier for the gang to store our shotguns in between pheasant fields.

How do people feel about the gun scabbards from Headwaters? Easy to get guns in/out quickly? Seems like they would make it easier for the gang to store our shotguns in between pheasant fields.
They are my favorite feature on the covers! My only issue was most of my guns are wood stocked and will slide when taking a turn. I cut a couple pieces of toolbox liner to put under the stock and it’s been good ever since

Browsed their website but didn’t see any mention on dog hair. Anyone have advice on how the material is with dog hair?

Just got a new truck. I like having the dogs in the cab but HATE seeing dog hair. Debating on whether I should install quality seat covers or get vinyl seats installed.

Hope its not a Ram. Last I talk to them they are waiting to get a test truck in. I found Covers and Camo to be a close match to Headwaters designs. I ordered the Ops Camo package. Im sure the cordura will hold up to dogs an the tight weave would keep the hair from stabbing in. The cons i've heard are it fades in sun an is noisy but good an tough. We'll see.

Hope its not a Ram. Last I talk to them they are waiting to get a test truck in. I found Covers and Camo to be a close match to Headwaters designs. I ordered the Ops Camo package. Im sure the cordura will hold up to dogs an the tight weave would keep the hair from stabbing in. The cons i've heard are it fades in sun an is noisy but good an tough. We'll see.

I called them yesterday. My truck is a 19 Ram of the older body style. The guy I talked to on the phone sounded familiar with it. I went ahead and placed an order. Right now they are very busy and the wait period is about 15 weeks.

He said for dog hair the material can be wiped off but if sits for awhile may have to brush the seat to loosen it. I’m partial to mossy oak bottom land but wouldn’t mind having the steel color (dark grey) which closely matches the color now. If it’s likely to fade I may go to lighter grey instead. Still open for other’s opinions. Got another 14 weeks to decide.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back