Trophy Cows and Soiled Undies

Been there, done that.
Minus some shirt sleeves and both socks.
I got my cow. Congratulations, on the new panties Lol! ;) 💥

Nicely mushroomed, but complete core separation? Taken from the heart...sounds like it penetrated just enough to get the job done but with no room for error. Similar to my experience with that bullet. I don't think I'll be using it for elk again.
It was a steep downhill angle at 285 yards, the 2nd shot smashed through the scapula and ended up in the heart. The first shot was quartering away, went through one lung and embedded in the opposite front knee.

This was my first time using the bullet, so I'm no expert, but overall I was very happy with the performance. It did serious damage and the cow was not alive for more than a minute from the first shot.

3 pages and no one seeks clarity on the "racing stripes" comment.
Wyoming/Colorado racing stripes = brush scratches running the length of a vehicle, usually bestowed by narrow BLM roads

Good job @trb . You’re good at this hunting/storytelling thing, bro. What a season!

Reactions: trb
It was a steep downhill angle at 285 yards, the 2nd shot smashed through the scapula and ended up in the heart. The first shot was quartering away, went through one lung and embedded in the opposite front knee.

This was my first time using the bullet, so I'm no expert, but overall I was very happy with the performance. It did serious damage and the cow was not alive for more than a minute from the first shot.
Seems to have worked well enough for you, then. Sounds like you placed both shots very well.

Back