Trophy Bluefin for Guided Hunt?

22swiftmg

Hello everyone this is my first post but have been actively viewing on the forum for a few years now. I live in San Diego California and have grown up my entire life surrounded by the trophy bluefin fishery. I have just recently gotten into hunting going for upland game birds and coyote but wanted to take a step into Big Game. I am co opd on a Yellowfin center console with well over 300,000 dollars of mods added and would love to take a member or two out on a guided fishing trip in the San Diego summer all expenses paid for except your flight out. We have had an amazing season the last couple years landing 100s of fish over 150 pounds. We have all the gear for fishing or spearfishing your choice! We can target the fish of your choice we have dorado, yellowfin, yellowtail, white sea bass, and bluefin to name a couple species. In exchange for all of this I would want to share a guided elk/deer hunt or any sort of big game in any state for me and my friend. I believe this will be an amazing opportunity to share experience and knowledge between members of the community! If your interested in my credibility or have any questions please respond and I will do my best to answer. I'm sure we can work things out Thanks! -excuse any typos

Thanks everyone for your responses! Much appreciated. Excited to have an amazing shared experience!

This happened to pop up while I was searching fishing in San diego. We're planning a trip in March.

I think the hesitancy is in the exchange. That's it for me anyway. While I would love to go fishing like that, I cannot guarantee a good experience hunting. I can't speak for everyone else but the promise of a hunting experience comparable to that fishing experience is beyond my capabilities. I'm sure I am not alone in that thought.

That being said I'm happy to tell you what I know and guide you that way to get you going.

How about a reverse hunt talk point scam. We use my 9 elk points in wyoming? Hope you have 1 point cause mine might not be enough. I just burned antelope but we could also get doe tags and have a lot of fun and then trout fish if any time left. I can offer world class walleye and smallmouth bass fishing on Erie. Or Deer and bear hunting public in New York and New Jersey. I would have you come to our farm in Ohio but edh has killed off almost entire herd. Maybe few year hopefully it will come back.

How about a reverse hunt talk point scam. We use my 9 elk points in wyoming? Hope you have 1 point cause mine might not be enough. I just burned antelope but we could also get doe tags and have a lot of fun and then trout fish if any time left. I can offer world class walleye and smallmouth bass fishing on Erie. Or Deer and bear hunting public in New York and New Jersey. I would have you come to our farm in Ohio but edh has killed off almost entire herd. Maybe few year hopefully it will come back.
I have a couple preference points in Utah. Want to trade your 9 Wyoming points? I’m game. 😏

I would like to do Henry mountain bison hunt. I have never looked into Utah so I don't even know if this is possible and then what would we hunt in Utah?

Hey guys, I’m in SoCal, and stepped away from the offshore game awhile back. There is no comparison in price to a day or 2 for Bluefin, versus a week long hunt. It’s not even close. Looks like marketing to me.
Average price for a one week guided elk hunt in Idaho start around $5,000.

FWIW, I do several fishing trips a year between April and October. Usually end my season with my annual private 2-day charter of which I'm now the charter master. During the year, I jump on sport boats out of SD for 1.5 or 2 day trips (probably $800-$900 for cost of trip, picking up incidentals, gas/driving, food and tipping- i cut all my own fish at home). The tuna are typically wide open from summer through November. While I can appreciate a smaller private boat, I tend to agree. I'm not sure the value is equal to a guided big game hunt. Also, is OP expecting a guided hunt on leased/private land or public? If it's public, it's still more costly than a day out on the water with absolutely no guarantee. It's just apples and oranges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back