Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

TrickyTross 2020 Season, no elk, maybe mule deer

Kick it's butt!! Great attitude neighbor and I'll have you in my prayers. I lost 1/3 of my bladder to cancer and so far no recurrence in the last 4.5 years and I fervently hope your story is as successful. RT

Thanks man. I’ve never hunted grouse before, but I definitely won’t be bringing my dog (a sleepy pug who’s afraid of fireworks). The plan is to just walk the closed road and shoot them off of stumps, Newberg style. We’ll see what happens.
Keep us updated on your progress—I will be thinking about you.
That will be really cool man! Let me know how it goes! Ill keep yall updated

Kick it's butt!! Great attitude neighbor and I'll have you in my prayers. I lost 1/3 of my bladder to cancer and so far no recurrence in the last 4.5 years and I fervently hope your story is as successful. RT
Maybe we can link up after this is over? I plan on getting out on so much more our state! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Dude, AK sounds freaking awesome!!! CO should be awesome, I cant wait to hear the stories and see any pictures from all those hunts! Where you looking at back east for bear/deer? Squirrels also in the east? If you have any desire to come to NC, let me know!!!

Mass, hopefully PA, NY, and VT as well haven't nailed things down yet, and yeah eastern squirrels.

I definitely want to get down to NC at some point.

Steelhead? What are those? Must be some prehistoric fish that went extinct. We've had three seasons since 2007 on the Wenatchee and only one of those was any good.
Yep, pretty tough, I've been summerrun fishing 10 times now on the coast and SW this summer, three different rivers and no fish to show for it yet. I hope they can recover.

Hang in there and read these hunting posts, as they will hopefully keep your spirit strong! There are some strong users on here that are going through something similar! @Fullquiver @huronmtns ! Focus on your health so you can pound foothill's dirt next year. Keep the Faith, Amigo!

A classmate of my oldes (they are going into 7th grade) had the same diagnosis, different location (lower leg) fall of '18. He's playing travel and league baseball this summer!! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

A classmate of my oldes (they are going into 7th grade) had the same diagnosis, different location (lower leg) fall of '18. He's playing travel and league baseball this summer!! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
The prognosis has been awesome! Thats fantastic to hear that young'n is good and doing what he loves!

The older I get, the more I think this all a guy really needs, with some steelhead thrown in for variety.
They are definitely easier to pack out than an elk.

Hang in there TrickyTross. Your faith and positive attitude in what God has in store for you will get you through. God Bless.

Last edited:
They are definitely easier to pack out than an elk.

Hang in there TrickyTross. Your faith and positive attitude in what God has in store for you will get you through. God Bless.
Thanks man.

I might have to look at flying West to get after some steelhead when all this blows over. Too many folks talk about how awesome it is!

So far I have made it to a blind a few times. Nothing to show though. Had to cancel my Mule Deer at the doctor and my boss (wife) orders. Highly doubt I could handle it. This chemo is something else.

Good news on the cancer front though! My tumor was removed (with a portion of my ulna) and found to have 100% necrosis, meaning the entire tumor was dead! The chemo worked! Now I just gotta finish the regimen out. If I can stay healthy, it will be May when I finish up. The turkeys will be in trouble!

Hows everyone else doing?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back