Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Travis' Boat

Oak

Expert
Posted for DRAFTSTUD:

My son Travis had purchased a Bass Tracker Aluminum Boat and has worked hard to put a deck
on the front and rear with storage compartments in them. He then carpeted both of them. He
wired it for the trolling motor and bought some Halogen Lights for the front & side for Bowfishing. I made
the Brackets out of Bolt Connectors and some 90 degree Brackets cut in half and welded both together.
Then I showed him how to wire it up with a soldering gun. Travis bought a used SeaKing (Chrysler)
outboard, but I just could not get it to be reliable like I wanted it to be.

Friday Travis went to Academy Sports to buy a nice Galvanized Trailer for it, now this is all on his Nickel!!
Well, he got there and was confused by what he saw and he called Dad for advice on which to buy. I
went over there and helped him pick it out and while the salesman was getting the paperwork together
I had another salesman show me the Mercury 4 stroke outboards they had and I bought him a 15 hp model.
Now he has a nice boat and I don't have to worry about him breaking down! He was a little surprised. LOL

This is his new Mercury:

P3210005.jpg

This is His Boat setup. The red object is a 2000 watt Generator:

P3210006.jpg

The front showing his light set up. Works good for Jug & Trot Line Fishing:

P3210007.jpg

Here are the little Brackets I made:

P3210008.jpg

After all was done Friday he wanted to take it out. He and a Buddy went to Jug fish at Caddo Lake,
but the fish weren't biting, so they fired up the generator and tried Bowfishing. I would have
thought it would still be too cold.................But...

P3210009.jpg

11 pounds and he said it was the small one! John

Spotlighting fish...Looziana style. J/K Dstud, nice rig....wtg on the surprise Merc.

Always wanted to bowfish. We only have one lake that hold carp close by. It's in Helena which is 160 miles away. Your a good Dad Oak. Good looking young man BTW.

shoots-straight, please read the very first line of my post. Don't confuse me with a good dad. :D

what does he do with the carp after the photo, fling um in the swamp?

sweet boat set-up!.......nice job on the merc!

JB, I had a talk with him about that. I am of the thought if ya take it have a use for it, not in all cases. We have a certain population of people who eat these fish on a regular basis, we call them Yankees! WHAT DID YOU THINK i WAS GONNA SAY???? John:D

Lmao. I thought you were gonna say Canadians. ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back