Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

trail cameras on public land MT?

Well its not illegal in WA,UT and ID as long as you dont hunt over it..just to name a few states

how far away do you need to hunt from the salt for it not to be baiting animals into the area?

Can get you a FS ticket though for resource damage. Salts a great way to kill vegetation and make a mess out of an are

So it’s all about intent. If you put a salt lick out for the purpose of attracting game, it’s illegal. If you do it for your livestock, then that’s not forbidden by this reg. There’s obviously some gray area there that could be exploited in determining one’s intent.
True.
BUT if your hunting within a certain distance of a salt block or lick legally placed, you're breaking the law.
Same as a grain spill for whatever reason is off-limits to hunt near.
Even if you don't know it, It's the hunter's responsibility to "KNOW"

kenton.....I made the decision to except any and all charges that would be levied against me for my actions, they definitely have the proof. To clarify, locations were in Montana's wilderness areas without any FS livestock grazing allotments and I did so out of frustration/anger. I am amazed at the amount of effort some folks will commit in breaking the law and become a wildlife poacher. My hope was to let the folks know that their actions had been discovered and that they might stop their illegal activity. I received my reward later that fall. I was gifted a long nights walk out from the trailhead as someone had let the air out of my tires. Fortunately for me that they did not slash the sidewalls and only deflated. Wish that I had photographic proof of that one.

Thank you for calling me out on my statement.

Mtnhunter1

Smashing somebody's property is never the way to go. I agree with reporting locations to the proper authorities. Leave a note, and shut it off if it truly is illegal. Your lucky you haven't been punched in the mouth at your local bar. Combating childish behavior with more childish behavior puts a bad name on what we do. One of these days your gonna screw up and do it to a ranchers camera or the Forest Service camera, I hope for your sake its a forest service camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back