Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

trail camera

Wapiti Warrior

I have someone ( I think kids) getting into my truck occasionally, when I accidently leave it unlocked, but it is in my driveway. Anyways, I was looking at home security cameras but then thought about a trail camera. I could use it other places. Any suggestions on what trail camera is good at night? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a fancy one, just want one to try and see who is snooping around.
Thanks,
John

:confused: Maybe just make sure you lock your truck...? Won't cost anything. Spend the money that you would on a trail cam on something you actually want.

Last edited:
If you are using it for surveillance, make sure you hide it well, and get it up off the ground, so that if discovered it is hard to steal. Most cameras come with built in attachment lugs for a locking cable to be used and keep it secure.

The infrared flash can be bright enough to human eyes that it would announce its presence to a would-be thief.

And you could be this guy http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news...-steals-jeep-in-sedgwick-county-park/33320912 who has his stolen Jeep dashcam capture the whole joyride.

Last edited:
Definitely need a no go IR camera. Coolers went missing one time and now I put mine on my camp if it's not out. Moultrie has been good to me.

Covert cameras are pretty great, easy to use, and have great battery life.

You could first try a sign saying "This Property Monitored By Surveillance Cameras" or something like that and maybe that would keep the no-gooders away

I like the IR Moultries and have had zero issues with them. Like others have said though, set it up so that it is hidden well out of eye level.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back