Trail Cam Security...

I place a really unofficial looking "USFWS Monitoring Camera, Please do not disturb" sticker on mine. Hopefully it deters someone... Probably not but I don't have mine in locations I feel would be used heavily by general public.

I place a really unofficial looking "USFWS Monitoring Camera, Please do not disturb" sticker on mine. Hopefully it deters someone... Probably not but I don't have mine in locations I feel would be used heavily by general public.

Mine all say FWP on them...

I've never taken a picture of a person or had anybody mess with mine though.

The SD GFP gave up last year on game camera's after their 5th one was stolen from the same park. They were using it to monitor the wildlife in the park, and making a little game of it. Like a post would say "guess what we caught on the game cam last night!"

So, I'm not certain if that sticker would deter people. Some that wouldn't normally steal the camera might steal it just because they are mad at the gov't.

Ever since I put stickers on mine they havent been touched. Before that on a public piece I had 5 taken in a month....but now that the sticker idea is on the internet it's probably not gonna work anymore.

Back