Tragedy hit close to home....help if you can

Today was the viewing.....wife and daughter went.......I couldn't do it. I've dealt with a LOT of death in my career and life but kids my kids age are just too much. There are some ghosts in my head I really don't need to disturb any more than necessary.
Exactly. I advised my daughter to pass on coming to the hospital when I had to unplug her mom. And then again at the funeral home. Cathy always took great pride in her appearance and that MVA smashed her to pieces. No sense in anyone who didn't need to carrying that baggage, especially not our daughter. For once she listened. It's what her mom would have wanted.

Unfathomable. Not sure how a family and close friends can recover from that. I pray that they can get through it.

Just got back from the funeral. I REALLY didn't want to go but I could see in HPs eyes that it would be meaningful for her......so I put on my big boy pants and ate one hell of a shiz sammich. Several hundred folks there in love and support. The most uttered word in Riley's memory was compassionate. As hard as it was, it was also warming to know what an impact this sweet girl had.......the video of her crushing "Crazy Train" on guitar helped some too.

Just got back from the funeral. I REALLY didn't want to go but I could see in HPs eyes that it would be meaningful for her......so I put on my big boy pants and ate one hell of a shiz sammich. Several hundred folks there in love and support. The most uttered word in Riley's memory was compassionate. As hard as it was, it was also warming to know what an impact this sweet girl had.......the video of her crushing "Crazy Train" on guitar helped some too.
Hang in there. Your big boy pants are pretty big ... in the right way.

Damn, I read that news story just the other day. Appalling. So sorry for the family and all that will miss her.

Proud of you brother. I only know a small portion of the shttuff you have endured in your life, but I am glad that you were able to set that aside for this young lady, her family, and your own.

Not sure how a family and close friends can recover from that.
You don't.... It's a wound that you carry unhealed for the rest of your days.. One of my best friends had his 3 yo son killed by a 13 yo who just wanted to kill someone to see what it felt like. He has never recovered his wife neither.. It's an open wound you live with... That was 20 years ago... He still feels that he failed because he was gone at work when it happened... Kind of like Lancelot in the Arthurian legend who recieves the wound that would never heal..

Today was the viewing.....wife and daughter went.......I couldn't do it. I've dealt with a LOT of death in my career and life but kids my kids age are just too much. There are some ghosts in my head I really don't need to disturb any more than necessary.
Probably not the time or place to detail my experiences...if such a time or place even exists. But I feel ya man, and I'm sorry you have those things in your head too. It's makes hard times that much harder, cause your not just grieving one thing, but many.

You don't.... It's a wound that you carry unhealed for the rest of your days.. One of my best friends had his 3 yo son killed by a 13 yo who just wanted to kill someone to see what it felt like. He has never recovered his wife neither.. It's an open wound you live with... That was 20 years ago... He still feels that he failed because he was gone at work when it happened... Kind of like Lancelot in the Arthurian legend who recieves the wound that would never heal..
So true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back