Tradbow Bighorn Ram

Same as what everyone else has said.

Traditional archery has taken a back seat to all the modern gizmo's. This trophy surpasses most others taken by any other means. keep it up.

That's a great looking ram without regard for means of take but the fact that you got it done with stick and string is amazing - congratulations on crossing that goal off the bucket list. Superb ram!

Wow,best hunting experience yet on Hunttalk.Congrats on a life long goal accomplished.The ram speaks for itself,but you also set a good example for perseverance,fortitude,determination.Age is no factor.I also appreciate a sense of humbleness,a good example for chest thumping ego-maniacs.

Thanks to all of you that responded. Hope each of you are able to hunt this incredible species sometime in the future. As it stands now I have 16 preference points for Wyoming so may be down there next fall with my longbow again in Unit 5 I hope with my llamas. As per other sheepwith traditional archery gear inquiry, I did kill a nice mature dall ram in the northwest territories with my recurve in 1984. Pointingdogsrule....I agree with your mantra and am headed to southern Idaho again on Sunday for another week of chukars and huns with my german shorthair pointer Lucy..our third week this year there

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 256
Congratulations!

I have a great appreciation for your accomplishment. Have drawn one sheep tag and hunted it traditional. The outcome was not as good as yours.

Greg -

Congrats on a great ram,a nd thank you for sharing the story. I had heard you connected and wondered what the story was, so thanks for posting it.

Have a great Holiday season!

Matt

Gregg, Congratulations! Great accomplishment to take a beautiful trophy ram like that with traditional archery equipment. I was particulary interested to see that you you joined this hunt talk forum. There aren't very many of us older hunters on here. I remember mounting one of your earlier sheep back in the 70's or 80's. You were refered to me by Jim Ford.
Mike Trevor

Back