Caribou Gear

Trad archery antelope

I put a perfect shot into the ground where a buck WAS standing when I shot.... He dropped underneath and I missed by less than an inch. Hoping to make it happen next year when i can draw again.

Got pics of him scouting a few days before.

Attachments

• 20190812_202400.jpg
    20190812_202400.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190812_215611.jpg
    20190812_215611.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 15
I put a perfect shot into the ground where a buck WAS standing when I shot.... He dropped underneath and I missed by less than an inch. Hoping to make it happen next year when i can draw again.

Got pics of him scouting a few days before.
Nice! I will be happy if I get to fling a couple arrows. I went down a bit in arrow weight for this hunt and they are flying noticably faster and flatter so hopefully that helps.

Been doing stalks non stop today. 25 yards was the closest I got but couldn't get a shot before they spooked. I took a shot at one another time but missed low. I was shooting from above and thought I was a little closer. Action packed day anyhow. Might try for one more tonight and start over again tomorrow.

Here's a doe I was watching this morning. I regret not taking the shot. I have got into several since then but she was by far the most un aware. A small buck jumped my string 30 minutes ago and got away. Time for some chow

Attachments

• 20220818_073540.jpg
    20220818_073540.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 22
This guy ended up winding us. We've done a dozen stalks today and gotten close to alot.

We were watching a group of bucks on a big flat when one broke off headed for a creek bottom. We met him over there and I shot right over his shoulder at 40.

We picked up a decoy and I think we're gonna get lucky in the morning. Time for some steaks

Attachments

• 20220819_172127.jpg
    20220819_172127.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 15
Keep after it! That will be a tremendous accomplishment Sounds like you’re getting plenty of action

Keep after it! That will be a tremendous accomplishment Sounds like you’re getting plenty of action
Yeah unfortunately today is my last day. Just a little bit ago I met a buck at the top of a saddle face to face at 15 yards. I was too slow to get a shot but it sure was exciting. We had been having a stand off for about 45 minutes. I tried making another move on him but I couldn't get under 100 yards.

I'm gonna have to come back when the rut is on they are just barely getting grouped up.

Made one last stalk right at dark. I was trailing a nice buck in the bottom of a creek. I had to cross a fence on the opposite side of the bottom. I got across it and was still out of sight so I snuck back across thinking I was still one curve behind him but I crunched some grass and he blew out about 25 yards away.

We had a stand off for a couple minutes and when he moved I got out of sight so I could try and flank him from a cut bank on the other side of him but he ended up working himself up and trotting off. I don't think he ever saw me but man I messed up I had it in the bag and blew it! Haha oh well. To bad I'm not good at taking pics I saw some good stuff this week and found this nice dinosaur bone.

Attachments

• 20220820_052948.jpg
    20220820_052948.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back