Total Beginner

Hi,

Hope you are all well. I’m 34, originally from England, where I grew up fly fishing trout with my dad. I never appreciated those times as much as I should have, and now I’m older, married, with two kids and sharing a different perspective I’m looking to get outdoors more and share some amazing adventures.

I now live in Illinois, but totally new to the hunting world. Right now I have never even held a gun. We have to start somewhere, right, so I have applied for my F.O.I.D card. I’m interested in bow & riffle. My long term goal is to hunt Elk, White tail deer, bison. My goal is for any kill to put food on the table.

I have so many questions. I look forward to reading through the different threads and getting a base knowledge.

if anybody here is also patient enough to educate a total beginner please let me know.

thanks again. I look forward to being part of the community.
@Ben_BlueOx your Avatar looks familiar, did you join a UK deer stalking forum a few months ago?
Shame you didn't know me when you were in the UK, I could have got you your first deer.

Anyway good luck on your hunting adventures.

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Welcome Ben! You make it back to the UK much? I usually have to go 1-2 twice a year to our office in Knaresborough- North of Leeds-- I am meaning to try to find a fly fishing guide the next time I have more time out there!
You are in a great deer state. Some great resources here, I would also suggest listening to Randy's Podcast-- Hunt Talk Radio along with his shows on YouTube if you have not already!
I'm a UK fly fishing guide, but down in the South West....I also hunt deer!
Cheers
Richard

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back