Torsion bar key leveling kit.

I put them on my 2001 Silverado 2500HD hunting/ranch truck last year. As I recall they’re from rough country. Picked up at least 2” in the front end. Rides a little stiffer but not bad. No issues so far.

Had keys on a 2003HD. Certainly stiffened up the ride a little but lifted it 2.5 or so. Helped clear some tires though. Installed some Bilstein 5100 shocks made a better ride also.
Did the same on my 02'

The rake on those is assinine.

Like everyone else, ride diff was noticable. That was with 20k or so on it. Just passed 205k, no issues yet

Depending on what year just turning the bolt won’t get it leveled and it will require keys. Longer shocks will be necessary as well. Bilstien makes a front shock that will work. As you apply more spring rate by turning the keys it will ride rougher, but more importantly the upper control arm gets pulled down and will bottom out on the stop bracket. Highly recommend new upper control arms that fix that like cognito. Also loosen the control arm bushing bolts when you adjust the keys so the bushings don’t get bound up(twisted).

I have an 03 3/4 with the big block 496.
I didn’t replace keys, I did level with the torsion bolts.
I noticed this hunting season that I am awful tight between fenders and the 285s.

They make an inch and 1/2 body lift that I am considering to give me a little more chain room.

I have avoided adding lift given the increased angle on the front axel cvs.

I did add bilsteins.

This won't net any more clearance, but when I leveled mine I decided to drop the rear with shorter shackles rather than lift the front. Zero affect on ride or wear of front end components.

Rough country 2inch like Dwalt said probably. On 03 Silverado 2500HD. Can tell a more hard bump usually but if I'm pulling my trailer empty or with logs or 4wheeler not real noticeable. Allowed running larger tires which helps on a heavy 3/4 it seems to me.

Depending on what year just turning the bolt won’t get it leveled and it will require keys. Longer shocks will be necessary as well. Bilstien makes a front shock that will work. As you apply more spring rate by turning the keys it will ride rougher, but more importantly the upper control arm gets pulled down and will bottom out on the stop bracket. Highly recommend new upper control arms that fix that like cognito. Also loosen the control arm bushing bolts when you adjust the keys so the bushings don’t get bound up(twisted).
The Cognito upper arms are a huge upgrade especially when installing a key or lift.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back