Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tom cat down

Hank375

I decided to take the day off from work on Friday to go look for a cat since a few inches of snow hit Thursday night. We let go on this cat track mid day. The track was real fresh, and the dogs had him treed within about 20 minutes. As far as cat hunting goes this was definitely one of the easiest ones you could run.
After 6 years of putting in for the permit, It was well worth the wait.
Had a blast going after one of these guys and saved some deer and elk at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,397
Congrats on the big tom! Went out with a friend on Friday for the first time. Didn't cut a Lion track but I'm hooked!

The cat was killed in north of Missoula in western Montana. I took it home and weighted it Friday night and it was 150 pounds on the dot. I never measured the length of the cat, but I'm 6' 4" for comparison The gun that I used was my grampa's old model 94 30-30, It was pretty cool to get the job done with his old riffle. He would have got a kick out this story and the pictures.

Awesome! I've killed an honest 400 pound black bear and a grey wolf with a Model 94 30-30 and hope to kill my first cougar with it as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back