Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Todays Duck Pics

Nemont

These pics are all taken today 6/17/2005 from our ranch in Northern Montana. Elkgunner has been here before.

P6160055.jpg

P6160062.jpg

P6160068.jpg

P6160065.jpg

P6160032.jpg

P6160033.jpg

P6160038.jpg

P6160060.jpg

Nemont

Had a little time so I thought I would post a few pics

Attachments

• WODU.jpg
    WODU.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 120
  • SGEESE325TEST.jpg
    SGEESE325TEST.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 118
  • goosebrood.jpg
    goosebrood.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 108
  • CAGO2.jpg
    CAGO2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 106
With the way it looks the populations are coming along, there may be a ton of them to hunt next year....

There are a lot of them around here this year...

Thanks for the pics :)

I concur on the Cans comment. They may look like a clumsy bird until you attempt to swing on one and you end up about 15 feet behind it.

1-Pointer, I'd like to know too, I can eliminate a few and Guess on the Female Canvasback with teh little ones but I don't know.

(broods?)

Also, The one with the Wite Stripe on it's face .......Is that what you call a Bluebill ? Is that the same as the one 2nd to last pic ?

NeMont's last picture is of a canvasback hen and brood (youngsters). The duck with the white face is a bluewing teal (drake).

Ahhh I looked up the Picture and thought it was a Blue wing teal according to the Idaho Fiah and Game regs.. but I know the Grenwing is a Small bird and that bird looks like a Mallard size ? Maybe not....

Blue wing is a very small duck. They are usually about the first bird to head south in the fall. They are quick and fun to shoot, but not the greatest table fare (not that you eat any of it anyway :D). Around home they are almost as common as mallards during the summer.

I know the Grenwing is a Small bird and that bird looks like a Mallard size ?
Moosie, take one big step back from your monitor. The bird should now appear teal sized. :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back