Yeti GOBOX Collection

To Good Not To Share

AndyPOW

So every year I head up a nice fund-raiser for our little school (18 students pre-k through 12) It is the Whale Pass School Gun Calendar. It gets huge support, and raises some needed funds for things like textbooks and course fees for college dual credit courses through the University of Alaska. I won't go into the details, since the point of the post isn't to sell calendars. I put out the call today for photo submissions for the 2022 calendar. . . and these were the first and second photos that I received, which made me want to make the calendar all pics of girls and women with a big game animal. If you would like to send a suitable pic that was chosen for the calendar, I'd send you a calendar as thanks!Patsy w: Goat.jpgTyler Rude Pic.jpg

Please share a link to the '22 calendar when it's complete, I'd like to see it. Are you only looking for pics of Alaskan big game/guns?
Good question. I would include Elk, Mule Deer, and Columbia Blacktails. We have Elk and now Mule Deer in Alaska, and Columbia Blacktails are close cousins to our Sitka Blacktails. A main consideration is can the pic be blown up to fit a page without getting grainy. If not, I can combine multiple pics on one page.

If we brought up selling a gun calendar at school around here. I cant even imagine what the reaction would be and we live in a fairly small town. Must be awesome to not be surrounded by idiot's. Good luck with the calendars!
Right? This school district is a unique place to live, work and send your kids to school.

Duh! I didn't pick up on the "POW"! LOL!

...AND... there is a small island town out close to Kodiak Island, Ouzinkie. It's sits near an area called "Whale Pass" between Kodiak Island and Afognak Island.

Outstanding! I’ll take a calendar when you have them.
Let me explain how it works. If you still want one, excellent, if not. . . .no worries.
-We only sell 100 calendars (31 are already pre-ordered, we end up with a waiting list)
-Calendars are $200 each.
- There is a drawing each month for a darn nice rifle.
-Winners stay in the pot and can win again (This happened 2x last year, has not happened as of yet this year)
-Calendar purchasers must be able to pass a 4473 Background Check.

Here is the list of this year's rifles (we will keep the list for next year basically the same, based on availability)

2021 Gun Calendar List

January: Savage 110 Storm SS, 7mm-08

February: Winchester M70 Extreme, .300 Win Mag

March: Kimber Adirondack, .308

April: Tikka T3X Lite SS, 7mm-08

May: Kimber M84 Hunter SS, 6.5 Creedmoor

June: Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan .300 Win Mag

July: Tikka T3 Lite SS, 30-06

August: Sako 85 Fin. SS, .300 Win Mag

September: Tikka T3X Veil Alpine 7mm Mag

October: Tikka Veil Wideland .270

November: Savage Axis XP .243 w/ scope

December: Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker .308 Remington

All proceeds support the students of Whale Pass School. Examples are paying costs associated with dual credit college courses through the University of Alaska, costs for our annual Subsistence Week camping trip, buying rain gear and rubber boots for students (most students are in low income households and don't have their own rain gear. Yeah, in a rain forest) etc. . .Despite student's low economic status we are one of the top 10 schools in the state for our size based on academics, attendance and graduation rate.

Andy I’ve been poking around Alaska since 1959, anymore I just guide during the summer out in King Salmon. Spend the rest of the year in Oregon. I’ve always tried to support small communities in my travels around the state, might just as well be you this year. My general Manager will be up in a couple of weeks, should be an easy approval.

Too funny, my wife grew up in POW, over in Thorne Bay. She’s the most experienced hunter I know, but she really doesn’t like hunting at all hahaha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back