Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

tips?

Mudranger1

any tips on how to strap up an elk head onto your pack? or any head for that matter? granted I didnt have my frame pack on when I carried it out but it just about killed me DED!

Last edited:
Packing elk heads can get a man kilt....you've already stressed your heart from a hunt and now all that weight. I recommend you convince your hunting buddy to strap it to his pack for a photo op. Then, take off walking for the hike out.

Packing elk heads can get a man kilt.....

There was a story in one of the hunting magazines within the last year or so where a guy slipped and stuck a tine through his face, if I remember correctly. He survived, but still...

With no pack frame and carrying the head and the cape, yes sirree, it can kill a man DED if you have any distance to go. Personally I recommend you leave it and go get the right pack for the job.

Lol thanks I'll get her to shoot a smaller one next and it tipped her over when I put it on her back so that wasn't really an option but she did want to try

If you didn't cape it out on the spot you really screwed yourself. Cape it and carry the head, then come back for the cape.

Nope didn't cape it. I've never done anything but a couple euro mounts on whitetails so I was try to get this behemmoth thing to the taxidermist in the best shape I could

Well if you are not gonna learn how to cape, I will have to use a line on you that my father told me 3000 times in my youth......................................................"Suffer in Silence":D

My father was not in the military......just a smart ass.

I should explain, there was alot of *#*$&@^$&^&^# before the "Suffer in Silence"

Back