Time to retire the Buck 110

For hunting outdoor edge replaceable blade. Replaceable blade and has some back bone for popping joints. For trapping something cheap. I use the grinder to sharpen knives for trapping so I’m hard on them
 
Funny. mtmuley

I guess it’s funny. The more things I can walk into the wood that actually mean something to me, the better. A $20 replaceable blade knife assembled by some Chinese kid is not for me. They’re also a crutch for a lot of people that don’t want to learn the skills needed to properly sharpen a knife. I used to be one of them…
 
What is actually wrong with the knife that would need to replace it?
Just keep sharpening it like Straight Arrow has done. You'll probably wear out before the knife does.
Nothing besides it doesn't seem to hold an edge like it used to. Maybe it's the sharpener?
 
I guess it’s funny. The more things I can walk into the wood that actually mean something to me, the better. A $20 replaceable blade knife assembled by some Chinese kid is not for me. They’re also a crutch for a lot of people that don’t want to learn the skills needed to properly sharpen a knife. I used to be one of them…
I get all of that. And can do it. Have a handful of fixed blades handed down. My replaceable has it's place. I don’t want a suppressor. But they aren't dumb. mtmuley
 
I get all of that. And can do it. Have a handful of fixed blades handed down. My replaceable has it's place. I don’t want a suppressor. But they aren't dumb. mtmuley

I understand the comparison but there’s two big differences for me. There’s no direct replacement for a suppressor and a suppressor isn’t bypassing a skill. But I get what you’re trying to say.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,169
Messages
2,252,087
Members
39,105
Latest member
Booner
Back
Top