Time To Leave Montana

Next stop, Vegas.

Don’t drive to Vegas from LA on a Friday evening. Three lanes of traffic, sometimes to a complete standstill. Some people were dodging in and out of traffic at high rates of speed.

For those that like racing, I noticed a racetrack on the outskirts of Vegas and thought I would see if there was any drag racing, beware of this guy, the racing was done without cars...

AD492C58-87B9-41FD-A6CF-2096AE191787.jpeg

We did a road trip about 15 years ago.
Vagas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Zion national park, back through Vagas, Death valley, then up to the High entrance (east side ) to Yosemite national Park then finished in SF.

The driving was the best part for me. Amazing scenary.
Zion national Park is amazing.
The drive from Death Valley the up to the east entrance to Yosemite is great.

One thing, why people want to go on vacation in Death Valley. They've got a golf course down there 🤦‍♂️
We used it as a stop over. We got there about 4pm. Stopped at a view point, got out. Wow. It was like pointing a hair dryer full heat and full speed 4 inches from your face. 😳😳

None, just driving around aimlessly with a road atlas and plenty of time...
They very best way to do a trip!

Nice thread.

We have been contemplating a trip to the south west. Grand Canyon, Death Valley, other places etc. It’s going to have to wait until June though.

We did a road trip about 15 years ago.
Vagas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Zion national park, back through Vagas, Death valley, then up to the High entrance (east side ) to Yosemite national Park then finished in SF.

The driving was the best part for me. Amazing scenary.
Zion national Park is amazing.
The drive from Death Valley the up to the east entrance to Yosemite is great.

One thing, why people want to go on vacation in Death Valley. They've got a golf course down there 🤦‍♂️
We used it as a stop over. We got there about 4pm. Stopped at a view point, got out. Wow. It was like pointing a hair dryer full heat and full speed 4 inches from your face. 😳😳

Yes, we registered 87 and this is February...

9076E642-91B8-4B24-8ED1-7E158954468C.jpeg

I'll live vicariously. I ain't leaving Montana. mtmuley
Me too. Since returning from Vietnam a bit ago, you 'bout have to dynamite me to get me even to travel to Wyoming.
I had this epiphany a couple of weeks into my first tour to RVN. It adamantly shouted, "Get yer butt back to Montana and don't you ever leave!"

I'll live vicariously. I ain't leaving Montana. mtmuley

I am almost ready for my “Heading Back To Montana” thread, but not quite yet.

Vegas is a good place to drive around, just don’t stop. I did see Rick at Pawn Stars pawn shop on the way down, so I didn’t stop again. Rick said Chum was the only guy in the store, and it is best to avoid him.

A few of the sights and then onward to Saint George...

6219EC29-B145-4B4C-B4A2-47E6DD32DA47.jpeg743A7F46-029D-41EA-BC33-E635F616715F.jpegC1290DDA-A735-4C6E-9CC8-F532B8B68CBE.jpeg

Me too. Since returning from Vietnam a bit ago, you 'bout have to dynamite me to get me even to travel to Wyoming.
I had this epiphany a couple of weeks into my first tour to RVN. It adamantly shouted, "Get yer butt back to Montana and don't you ever leave!"
I'll die here. Plots in Shelby, but scattered ashes is probly the deal. mtmuley

Reactions: Hem
Shrapnel starts his 'Return to Montana' thread in 5...4...3...2...1.

Yikes, you may be right. There isn’t anything in Arizona to keep me here. I have a bit more money to blow. I have seen some quail here in the yard...

A6E2BC58-2FB0-4A54-9814-FB444EA566BC.jpeg

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back