Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Time for some to go elsewhere

In keeping the forum like you keep your adventures, it makes for a wonderful time for those of us who love the outdoors. Many times hunting all I wanted was to shoot with my camera to capture the magnificents of the moment. Last year on our lease I had a doe and her daughter come to within 10' of me and feed for 45 minutes she hit the ground with her hoof occasionally to let me know who was in charge. Later they came back for a few minutes. The big buck following only showed for a few seconds, staying in the trees. Yet I have the pictures of it all.
A good hunt all around.
I love the way you present you love for hunting.
And my second Howa Houge rifle bought last week was your fault 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂 or so I told my wife😉😉 Thank you for the ability to share.

M
If you can find calm in the midst of chaos, this then is your place of peace.
Enclose yourself in it and "Renew your spirit"

Reactions: XXL
Thanks Randy. Your attention to this forum's mission and integrity are truly appreciated!

From someone who has moderated numerous social media sites it can be difficult and tiresome dealing with those who just simply want to antagonize the masses. Stick to your guns Randy and maintain the civility of the site with the focus on conservation and hunting. Politics belong on Fox and CNN not in the mountains.

I believe this is my first post on HT. I'm glad it's on a thread about being civil. :)

attaboy BigFin for trying to maintain civil discourse.

My first post also. Came here for advise many times and finally registered. Glad its trying not to be social media

I've been traveling a ton this year. I just got back early this morning from another gig and took a few hours to just review some of the threads that seem to be the most corrosive. Those threads have some commonalities.

1. They usually have zero relevance to a public land hunting forum.
2. They are usually started by the same small group of people.
3. The pot gets stirred by the same small group of people.
4. Some only want to start/interact on threads that are politically oriented with no relevance to politics that impact public land hunting. Obviously, they should be on a different site.
5. Some struggle to have a conversation with those who have a differing opinion, thus the person results to tags, labels, and false comparatives, in all reality, raising the surrender flag to rationale discourse. Those people are of the greatest likelihood to be those in #4 above.
6. The rest of the forum members are tiring of it, as am I.​

If you show up one day and your password is not working, you will know you are one of the people above. Do not expect any warnings beyond this post.

If you self-identify that the warning is pointed at you, odds are you are correct. None of us need the continual distractions and the grade school level of interaction that occurs. I deleted some threads this afternoon. Probably more to come.
I understand some politics are involved but agreed this is supposed to be about hunting. Brand new here and I'm liking the diversity and the help people are willing to share. Oregon boy here that loves to hunt. Would love to connect with like minded people that want to talk nothing but hunting!

It’s only my first day here but it’s nice to see where the line is drawn. Often times it’s not the words typed but the tone that becomes toxic.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back