Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Time for some to go elsewhere

I like some of the guys from across the pond, Scott Rea being one. Actual butchers, not just meat cutters standing at the bandsaw all day, using pre-mixed spice packets for sausage.
Thanks for this - I read this and then found Scott on YouTube and he has some really intriguing stuff. Makes me want to get a few whole deer hanging this fall so I can work on my butchering skills.

Thanks for this - I read this and then found Scott on YouTube and he has some really intriguing stuff. Makes me want to get a few whole deer hanging this fall so I can work on my butchering skills.
Scott Rea has done so much good over here to promote game meat when it's not been that popular as we have a low population hunting density, plus he is a really down to earth friendly guy.

I have to agree! I started using Hunt Talk so I could share, and gain, helpful hunting information. Being a 69 year old hunter, I need all the useful information I can get.
Same here, I was hoping to sharpen my hunting skills as I have been out of it for 20 years or so. I just wanted to find a sight where I could ask for a few opinions on diffrent matters and gain some knowledge from guys who have been involved in the point systems in diffrent states.

Pretty new here but so far it's by far my favorite place online. Actually the reason I came here was I couldn't take all the bs that I was seeing on some other forums.

Through my 40 years of hunting big game, I've learned there's nothing wrong with sharing hunting information for the benefit of others. I guarantee you that even if you share your favorite hunting spot, the animals have their own ideas and conditions change. How many hunting videos and articles suggest researching the "why" of what is happening out there in the wilderness. The big picture affecting animal behavior includes geology, hydrology, weather patterns, disease, human population, hunting pressure, etc. You can't learn this by blowing on a game call. I would like to see us older hunters passing down useful information to the younger hunters insuring the future of hunting. Fact is; with the older hunters aging out of hunting and the younger liberal generation showing no interest in hunting, the hunter numbers are dwindling everywhere, ... numbers needed to support wildlife management. Hunting is a much bigger picture than zealously protecting our own personal "top secret" honey spot. For example, the hydrological information I shared about my favorite units, young hunters can use anywhere, in any state, and in any unit. When scouting out a new area, widen your view and check all avenues of information. This will tell you the why, and wherefore animals are located where they are located. Trust me, you will become a more successful hunter!

Through my 40 years of hunting big game, I've learned there's nothing wrong with sharing hunting information for the benefit of others. I guarantee you that even if you share your favorite hunting spot, the animals have their own ideas and conditions change. How many hunting videos and articles suggest researching the "why" of what is happening out there in the wilderness. The big picture affecting animal behavior includes geology, hydrology, weather patterns, disease, human population, hunting pressure, etc. You can't learn this by blowing on a game call. I would like to see us older hunters passing down useful information to the younger hunters insuring the future of hunting. Fact is; with the older hunters aging out of hunting and the younger liberal generation showing no interest in hunting, the hunter numbers are dwindling everywhere, ... numbers needed to support wildlife management. Hunting is a much bigger picture than zealously protecting our own personal "top secret" honey spot. For example, the hydrological information I shared about my favorite units, young hunters can use anywhere, in any state, and in any unit. When scouting out a new area, widen your view and check all avenues of information. This will tell you the why, and wherefore animals are located where they are located. Trust me, you will become a more successful hunter!
Very well said.

Back