Time for Grandpa to brag.

tarheel

One of my twin granddaughters ran her first trail 50K this morning in Wisconsin, actually her first 50K of any kind, and she came in 1st place in the women's division and set a new course record which had been held for 6 years. You may be assured Grandpa is proud of her.

Pics were sent to me via smart phone and can't get these HTML's to load.

I have a nephew that did the Ironman in Honolulu. Excellent in running and bike and a rock in the swim. He finished.

So proud.

50K?! That’s outrageous! Hard to fathom the work that would go into that. You should be proud.

Folks, I appreciate all the compliments and congratulations but just this afternoon I got some bad news.
The race officials reviewed and found that due to poor course marking my granddaughter took a wrong route at a fork in the trail and wound up about a mile short of the 30. Apparently it's used as a marathon and 50K course with several splits, each split having a long and short leg. She was so far ahead of the pack that she had no one to follow and wound up taking a short leg so she has been disqualified. She was far enough ahead that she would have easily won but the extra time might have negated the course record. Either way she had to be DQ'd and is one embarrassed and disappointed young lady though we are no less proud of her. She worked her butt off for that race and wanted to do well. Last year she ran a trail marathon and came in 2nd in the ladies and 7th overall so was over the moon with her finish yesterday but that's how life goes sometimes.
Again, thanks for the good words, but I had to be honest in my reporting, painful though it was.

https://www.facebook.com/Chippewa50...1830.109121265777870/1833269076696405/?type=3

Last edited:
I hear that wrong turn story often....thankfully I'm so slow I don't have that problem lol still hardcore!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back