PEAX Equipment

Timbuktu

Erik in AK

A large maufacturing firm was advertising for a new junior executive position. After an exhausting week of interviews, the personnel manager had finally narrowed the field down to two highly qualified finalists who were in a dead tie for the position.

Not wanting to resort to a coin toss, the manager decided he would call both candidates into his office and put them on the spot with a trick question. Whoever handled the pressure and gave the best answer would get the job.

Both men reported to the managers office who explained his dilema and decision. The manager then told men "You have 3 minutes to write a poem using the word Timbuktu"

After the three minutes had expired one of the candidates confidently announced he was ready. "Go ahead then." said the manager

The man then recited:
In a camel train in a distant land
I crossed a sea of shifing sand
Of exotic smells, sounds and sights
Of heat by day and stars by night
The burning sun in a sky deep blue
My destination Timbuktu"

When he had finished he smugly looked over at his competition with a sort of "Top That!" glance. The manager motioned for the second man to begin.

He recited:
One bright and sunny summer day
I walked with Tim along the bay
And by the water what did we see
A bevy of beauties bathing three
Sporting girls they took the bait
Our mutual desire we burned to sate
In nearby woods, on lookers few
I bucked one and Timbuktu.

He got the job

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-05-2004 19:43: Message edited by: Erik in AK ]</font>

Gotta love it!! I haven't heard that one in quite a while. Still a classic.

Wilecoyote76

Hahahahahahahahahaha...........Love it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back