Caribou Gear

Tikka T3

nidahunter

Does anyone own this rifle? Possibly looking into a new one, reviews are good but it is always good to hear first hand experiences. Thanks for any information or advice! Thinking about a 7mm08.

My T3 in 270 is my go to gun. Very light and balances well. The feel is a little different than most guns, not bad just different. Accuracy is amazingly consistent right around a half inch.

The only thing to consider is that they only use one length of action, a long one, so unless you want the 7-08 I might consider a long action caliber to take full advantage of the room.

Would there be a detriment to having a short action caliber with the long action in this gun? How would that even work?

There is nothing bad about having a short action caliber in the long action, just wasted space. they put a spacer in the back of the magazine and a stop for the bolt so it only goes back far enough to get to the back of the rounds.

I own the Tikka T3 Lite in a .300 WSM and it is one of my favorite guns. I have owned it for 8 years now (I think) and the only problem I have had is the trigger itself rusted a little. I am originally from Alaska and it has been exposed to some inclement weather. I have one shot moose, caribou, elk, and black bears with it. Out of the box this gun shot exceptional and I really have no complaints.

I have the Tikka T3 in the 7MM Rem Mag and like the guys above said, it's extremely accurate and i was very impressed with how well the bolt slides.

I have a Tikka T3 lite in 300 wsm. I love the gun. It's accurate and lite to carry. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I have a T3 Lite in .270 and a standard T3 in .270 WSM...I absolutely love mine!

A few years ago I bought a Tikka T3 in 30.06 for my son and a Tikka T3 in .270 for my daughter. They love them, as do I (because they shoot them well, they are accurate and easy to load for). Between the two of them, they have taken antelope, muledeer, whitetail, elk and a black bear with their Tikkas. I don't think you could go wrong with one! Good luck.

If you like the Tikka and want a short action look into the Sako A7s. Basically the upgraded version of the T3 in a short action.

I made a deal with my son that if he got his Eagle scout, a rifle would be his reward. He picked a Tikka Stainless/Synthetic in 270 WSM. Out of the box it shoots better than any of my rifles.

I always thought they looked/felt flimsy. I'm reconsidering my opinion.

Encouraged my neighbor to purchase one. He did in 30.06 Well, he liked the gun and shooting so much that he got his ffl, is a dealer with his own business. (It shoots very well right out of the box, just like they claim. )

I have had one in 7mm Remington for seven years and love it. I did replace the plastic stock with a Bell and Carlson Medalist, and it really improved the feel.

Highly reccomend the T3.

The only complaint I have ever heard from them want the "cheap" magazines.....which sounds like a personal preference issue. Never seen a bad word uttered about their performance, they drive tacks.

Jryoung is right. Cheap Mag's for sure. Nida- have you decided on getting one?

My uncle is buying a Tikka T3 lite in 7mm Rem mag. What do you guys think are the best ring's & bases? I was checking out the DNZ dednutz. Kinda like the solid 1 piece design, and since it uses a magazine, it shouldn't be an issue???

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back