Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Tight squeeze

MThuntr

So I chose the Talley Low 20moa rings for my new money pit. Things were a bit close. The extra elevation is probably not necessary but they were on sale and I'm a sucker for a deal. Might need to look into another mounting system for peace of mind but things shouldn't move based on quality of their products and ne following their torque values

20200514_091244.jpg
20200514_091226.jpg

Yes that is a Rem 700 AWR in 300WinMag. I have Gunwerks brass to test. This one will get fed 181 Hammer Hunters for hunting and 208 Hornady ELD-M bullets for targets. So far have RL16, RL26, H4350, IMR8133, Hybrid 100V, MagPro, and RL23 to test for powders.

Last edited:
Sweet looking toy! Curious, what will the pack weight be when hunt ready?

Empty it's 9lbs 6oz...definitely not a lightweight

How do you like the AWR?

So far it hasn't left the house. I've been fighting with shipping delays. It took 2 weeks just to get the scope mounts from NatchezSS and I'm still waiting for the dies to arrive. The AWR trigger is the X-Mark Pro trigger and so far it feels pretty decent. The cerakote coverage looks good. I wish I would have bought the one for sale from Brockel here last year because his was a shooter.

Good looking setup. That's a tight squeeze for sure. When you cycle the bolt does it leave you enough room at the zoom collar? If that's comfortable, then a little clearance is all you need for the eyepiece and mount, as long as you never need to move the scope forward.

Is that a 44mm Objective bell?
Yeah it's the 4-16x44. Looking at it now I think I could have fit the 50. I really like it so far especially as a "demo" scope I'm pretty sure someone opened the package in a store and that's it.

Tight squeeze for sure. Nothing a one beer, a file, and a sharpie couldn't make better... :D

Yeah that's in the works. There should be plenty of material there to knock of a couple thousandths without issue

I've gone with Med Ht many a time and kicked myself for not going with Lows....but I never regret Extended Fronts.

Yeah it's the 4-16x44. Looking at it now I think I could have fit the 50. I really like it so far especially as a "demo" scope I'm pretty sure someone opened the package in a store and that's it.

Yeah that's in the works. There should be plenty of material there to knock of a couple thousandths without issue
I suggest a stout or possibly a porter.

I really like the look of those Zeiss V4s, should be a great setup. I’d be interested to know how well it tracks if you plan on dialing it a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back