Tiger Trout Fest 2019

Big Sky

Since moving to Utah a few months ago I've become obsessed with catching tiger trout. I think they are one of the most beautiful trout I have ever seen and catching them has proved challenging. They don't act like other trout. While they are aggressive they have a terrible habit of swiping at lures and flies rather than just chomping down. One has to be super fast on the hook set or you'll miss most of them. Even if you are quick plenty still get missed. I'm loving the challenge.Troy Tiger 3SM.jpgTroy Tiger 2SM.jpgTroy Tiger 1SM.jpg

Nice fish for sure.
Was your move for work?
I mostly moved to be nearer my entire family. As in my own children, as well as, my parents and siblings. My mother has been fighting cancer the last couple years and being a thousand miles away was difficult. Now I'm only 30 minutes away, and thankfully, at the moment, the cancer is in remission. I'm enjoying every second I can with my parents as they are at an age where every second counts. I was very fortunate to land a great teaching job down here. Financially it was a significant raise as well. So I'm pretty happy with how everything has worked out.

Last edited:
OUTstanding.
BTW D4570 there is a good chance I will turn you 7 shades of green this spring when the largemouth and smallmouth bite/spawn kicks in. There are two outstanding largemouth lakes and one pretty decent smallie fishery down this way. In the mean time these trout keep me entertained.

Big Sky, glad your move is working out well for you and your family. I always look forward to your fishing posts and pictures.

BTW D4570 there is a good chance I will turn you 7 shades of green this spring when the largemouth and smallmouth bite/spawn kicks in. There are two outstanding largemouth lakes and one pretty decent smallie fishery down this way. In the meantime these trout keep me entertained.

DANG YOU !!!!
Smallmouth are not much of a problem, but largemouth are a lot of driving.
Can't wait to see the pictures.

Wow! Feel odd saying this though never knew such a trout existed. Amazing colors.
I'll have to look into any locations in MT.

Look forward to the spring large and smallies as well. Hard to beat the variety of fishing between trout, bass, and pike.

Beautiful fish! I wondered if your fishing might suffer when you moved, it looks like it's working out very well. I've only caught a few tigers, but have always been impressed with their beauty.

It is a good thing, when a man finds his calling. Darn, you are good ( fishing and photography ).

I am sure you are also an excellent father, husband, and teacher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back