NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Three days at a time...

Digital10

So, I will be teaching in a rural school district and we have Monday's off. That being said, I can't take multiple days off like I could in my last district....It looks like I will have three consistent days (SSM) to hunt...I can take a Friday and Tuesday off during 2ND or 3rd rifle season, but for the most part I will have three days with which to hunt... I will have tags good from Sept. 1st-Jan. 31st and Oct. 15th- Jan. 31st...what is a good 3 day hunting style? I won't get out every weekend, but 2 weekends a month is not out of the question. Thoughts?

Mondays off as a teacher? My wife would kill for a 4 day week in Ohio, lol. I think you could get a lot of hunting in in 3 days if you tried hard. Only problem is, it's the weekend so there will probably be a lot of company unless you could get back in a ways.

Depends on where you are but I'd focus on finding the areas with the best vehicular access but also access by foot to the most trailless and roadless blocks. That way you can bug out on Friday evening for a good Saturday morning start. Sounds like you will want to scout a bunch this summer when you have time so your map is well annotated for the fall.

Not sure what you are hunting but this would be my plan. Having more people on the weekend is not necessarily terrible. I try to position myself in areas where laziness and slopiness will push game to me. A makeshift drive kinda thing. Watch natural funnels due to terrain or cover. This can be done by stand or spotting scope depending on the area or game you hunt. Then by Monday the animals will still be in those remote areas. Sounds simple right?...lol good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back