Thoughts on no blood trail?

I’ve seen a couple moderate to high frontal/quartering to shots on moose that have had minimal blood and a dead animals within 200 yards. A few things I think contribute to this, 1) no exit, 2) can often be a single lung, 3) take a while to fill up the cavity, 4) thick fur on the neck

Never questioned the person just called out the action! An action with cause and affect😉. That action in question does in fact have low odds of a successful recovery. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should…..think about it!

Have you ever taken a frontal shot or just living in theory? If you can’t visualize all the organs a frontal shot gives you access to, I don’t know what to tell you

Have you ever taken a frontal shot or just living in theory? If you can’t visualize all the organs a frontal shot gives you access to, I don’t know what to tell.
Now your just assuming things!

Google 'Hilar shot' creates a 'bang flop' (sorry don't really like that description!) if bullet placement is correct.

As another poster said, if gutless method hadn't been used it could be seen what damage had been done to the vitals.

Cheers

Richard

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back