Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Thoughts on Hunting Related License Plates

I like them and the support that goes back to the fund...and yes, I AM a cliche example!!

That support is a small reason that New Mexico has some of the best hunting in the US!

Dont worry about JD Aussie...they drive and look at the world differently. ;)

However, salute to the Aussie's; they have a great Military!!! Spent time with a few of them in places where we couldn't even have a Beer together!

_________

I am in the US military & have been stationed all over our great country (and numerous other places)...but I am also a proud New Mexican!!

I have 3 - the Turquoise, the black with the Red & Green Chile, and the Cutthroat Trout!

IMG_1713.JPG

I Had this one when I was still living in NY, I like my Wyoming plates a whole lot better now though...

Disregard the whitetail, I was just trying to get a picture to show the spread on him...

We have RMEF on my truck A great organization for wildlife conservation and public land advocacy:

platerockymountainelk.jpg

One car has a TNC plate:

MT_AntelopeLicense_4000x2200.jpg

Other has a Glacier plate:

plateglaciernationalparkThumb.jpg

I like Backcountry Hunters & Anglers MT plate as well. Good design. Not a member though giving props for an appealing design. In fact, I've bumped into a couple that have/had a BHA plate and they shared not a member - like the plate of the choices available... To each his/her own. $ in the organization's pocket.

license.jpg

We have RMEF on my truck A great organization for wildlife conservation and public land advocacy:

platerockymountainelk.jpg

One car has a TNC plate:

MT_AntelopeLicense_4000x2200.jpg

Other has a Glacier plate:

plateglaciernationalparkThumb.jpg

I like Backcountry Hunters & Anglers MT plate as well. Good design. Not a member though giving props for an appealing design. In fact, I've bumped into a couple that have/had a BHA plate and they shared not a member - like the plate of the choices available... To each his/her own. $ in the organization's pocket.

license.jpg

Man, so many cool plates. CO options are definitely limited.

Got RMEF on one rig and BHA on the other. I will do neither moving forward, not because I don't like those orgs or their design, but the fact that they don't have your county code really bothers me. Gotta represent the 51!

I vote no to both. Just me. But when your kids get this for you for your birthday and the wife finds it behind a shelf two years later and after her making me feel like a heel it goes on the truck.
Got hit by a drunk driver the same year I put it on in 2001. Saved it but didn't put it back on.IMG_20190908_081659.jpg
Last year I beat out the dents and hung it in my Alaskan cabin.
Love it.

Got RMEF on one rig and BHA on the other. I will do neither moving forward, not because I don't like those orgs or their design, but the fact that they don't have your county code really bothers me. Gotta represent the 51!
Just don’t show up asking bird hunting permission in NE Montana with 3 or 6 county plates. I had permanent 11 plates for a long time on the old truck I bought from Malta family and I could get permission anywhere.

I have an RMEF plate and happy to see RMEF get the extra $20. Wife has a Museum of the Rockies plate and she feels the same about supporting them.

Iowa has REAP, Resource Enhancement and Protection, program which is partly funded by the sale of special license plates. The program has been in place since 1989. It is used to acquire land for hunting, fishing, and parks at the city, county, and state level. It is also used to fund environmental education, water quality, and many other valuable things. Iowa is currently trying to pass the IWLL fund which will move this program to a sales tax. Using a sales tax increase will potentially make the fund much larger, but it also has many more parties trying to get their sticky fingers in the pot! The citizens of Iowa passed the IWLL legislation in 2010 agreeing the next time the sales tax was increase by 1% 1/3 of that 1% would go to this fund. Even though Iowans overwhelmingly passed (2/3 in favor) the bill politicians have not yet inacted a sales tax increase 10 years later.

MN has some pretty cool conservation plates as well. My favorite is the loon.

Attachments

• reap plates.JPG
    reap plates.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
  • loon plate.JPG
    loon plate.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Would be cool if all plates began w/ county plate #'s, then #/Letter combo. Don't dump your plates... Put a SUPER COOL Nascar type # decal on your vehicle's rear window! 😄 51.... Pssh! #7 rocks.

Back