DSC00248.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 559
  • DSC00245.JPG
    DSC00245.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 561
Congrats on a great archery bull. Looks like you were able to back right up to him too, makes him even better!

Way to go. What state. We want details of the hunt and shot!

+1 on the ATV for pack out. my kind of packing job. Always a nice bonus when one falls close to a trail/road.

Little bull? That is a great bull.

Looks like a good bull to me. Might have to try NM one of these years.

Man, nice bull 4 sure. Good job and yes we want details. Thanks for sharing and I would like to see your big bull pics!

He came from S.W. New Mexico, near Quemado. Yes I was blessed to find an old logging road about 150 yards away, so with a little trailer manipulation, lifting it around a few tight spots I was able to get right to him. I do consider that a bonus as it wasnt even in the plans, didnt know it was even there till I had the gps tell me the shortest way down the hill. Here is for highmountain, my last good bull.

Attachments

• Copy (3) of HPIM0102 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    Copy (3) of HPIM0102 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 432
  • Copy of HPIM0079 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    Copy of HPIM0079 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 430
Nice bull....

I need to get to New Mexico sometime.... Do you know if they allow you to use ATVs off road or if they make you keep them on roads/trails designated for ATVs?

Yes I was blessed to find an old logging road about 150 yards away, so with a little trailer manipulation, lifting it around a few tight spots I was able to get right to him. I do consider that a bonus as it wasnt even in the plans, didnt know it was even there till I had the gps tell me the shortest way down the hill. Here is for highmountain, my last good bull.

Neat. had the same thing happen in AZ. I thought I was 3 miles from anything and dreading the pack out, then up walks some dude that had a brush blind along a fence crossing not 100 yards from where my bull fell. He ended up letting on about a logging road that was ATV accessible just over the fence.. Carried my bull about 10 feet! and not onwe smidge of guilt.

At least I drove into his spot at midnight when 'his' elk were way down iin the low country feeding and rutting. Tried to minimize he blowback for sharing a huge shortcut...

Yeah that other bull is a good'n alright

Again, congrats.

Jose cuervo it depends on where you are whether you can even have one. But you are supposed to stay on what they consider 2 track roads unless you are retrieving an animal, but even then I wouldnt press my luck too hard.

Damn nice bull there Pointman!

Congrats!

Hope a "little" bull passes my way this season. :)

I know I've had to settle for lessers in between those two, but this years was a settle bull as well. On the 3rd I missed a much better bull. Arrows and little limbs you cant see dont mix well. I did find some sheds from a 5x5 that ought to be a good one by next year as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back