This will PO all the liberals

Slydog

Interesting facts...

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following ..

FDR...

led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per yr .

Truman...

finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...

started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...

turned Vietnam into a qu quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...

went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us

President Bush has ..

liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered

300,000 of his own people. The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!

The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Please help us re-elect President Bush.

sly

I take no sides on any of this. I do not like to discuss politics in public at all. I will make two observations however.

A. A lot of those comparisons are highly biased and completely apples and oranges.

B. That was a whole lot of dead people you just mentioned there, not merely dead Americans but dead humans and quite frankly that just makes me have to take a minute in silence and quite frankly be a little sad.

Just so I make myself clear. I generally do not take sides in public forums because the people who do:

A. Generally come off as smug pompous asses (like I am managing to do now :rolleyes: )

B. Just like to hear themselves speak

C. ALWAYS start useless, stupid, waste of time arguments (or at least that sure seems to be the case around here).

I'll make my public statement at the polls thank you very much and I will show my thanks to Veterens like I did last November when I was in The Marshalls on Veteran's Day and met the remaining members of the Marine Makin Raiders who took one of the key atolls in the Marshalls during WW2 and lost a lot of their friends doing it, with a hug and a verbal sincere thank you.

For now I am going to take my rear out of SI and promise myself to firmly smack myself in the head if I ever feel the need to wander back in here.

Originally posted by Slydog:

It's easy to seccond guess our president from the safty of our homes, in the Lazyboy with built in vibrater ...
And really easy to support this president if you are un-educated.... :rolleyes:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's easy to seccond guess our president from the safty of our homes, in the Lazyboy with built in vibrater ...

OK, with Mojave in mind, shouldn't this part at least be moved to the Adult Joke section :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

EG
And really easy to support this president if you are un-educated....
So now Republicans are uneducated?
footinmouth.gif
:rolleyes:

Nemont

"C. ALWAYS start useless, stupid, waste of time arguments (or at least that sure seems to be the case around here)."

I sure wouldn't call our arguments a useless, stupid waste of time. When the different sides of issues get aired in SI I almost always learn something, either from my own research or others.

Mojave, please go back and read a few of the topics where Buzz explains the process for designating wilderness areas, Elkgunner expounds on the free enterprise system, Nemont talks about Montana Land Board responsibilities, Hangar explains snowmobile issues and tell us that reading their posts is stupid and a waste of time. I've learned a lot from them.

Can you explain how the National Forest Management Act is implemented or how the ESA works?

Of course, maybe it's more important for people who love outdoor recreation to know how many perverts have sadism fetishes or how many Hunt Talkers want to participate in a threesome, so keep up the good work in the Adult Jokes forum. Where would we be without all the useful information posted there? :rolleyes: :D ;)

Of course, maybe it's more important for people who love outdoor recreation to know how many perverts have sadism fetishes or how many Hunt Talkers want to participate in a threesome, so keep up the good work in the Adult Jokes forum. Where would we be without all the useful information posted there?
Now that is funny.
:D :D :D
Nemont

Well , you can sit aside and not take sides if you like but remember the people who died did it so we all could have the freedom to not pick sides or choose not to discuss these things in public.
I choose to remember their sacrifice, I choose to remember that they did not die in vain and I choose to honor MY PRESIDENT and all the young men and women who put on camo and stand guard so I can live free and hunt, fish and live the outdoor life.

Yes I'm a vet (82nd airborn, staff sgt, U.S.Army)and I served my country, I only wish I could Have served under this Commander and Chief. It's easy to seccond guess our president from the safty of our homes, in the Lazyboy with built in vibrater...

I'm not saying there ain't some things that need attention but there are a hole bunch of people who feel the same way as I do and I'm not afraid to stand up for what I belive in and just for the reccord. I belive in President Bush,the United States Of America and all the brave soildiers who are willing to pick a side, stand guard and give their lives so we, Americans can be free...

I feel bad for all those who don't understand that freedom don't come free, someone has or will pay for your freedom. So yes, I feel sad for all those we have lost in the name of freedom and for all the familys who have lost loved ones in the name of freedom, The numbers were to remind us all that this thing we call freedom costs someone. I thank God and all the fallen men and women for their sacrifice for my freedom.

sly

There I fixed it sorry Mojave

[ 07-30-2004, 01:26: Message edited by: Slydog ]

I never claimed to be a spellin B winner and if what I wrote was mispelled so badly that it was un readable I could see your point but frankly your being so sensitve about my spelling is a joke. I retired at the age of 35 being so damn stupid...... It's not so funny now is it. Damn stupid republicans....lol

Back to the topic and the point that I was trying to make in the first place before all the hecklers joined in the fun. In light of lookin like a pompas ass, that has yet to be proven, there were good solid points made in my first post.

OK so there is a lot of room for improvement but President Bush is still cleaning up the aftermath of a draft dodgeing, dope smokin, caught in the act lier that was the president. It will take some time to fix all the bullsh@#$% that one caused. Also, my President has the courage and determination to get the job done and has done so with 1 / 16 of the losses that we have ever seen in a war before, thats a real good thing. He has the respect of the service men and women.

one more thing thats fresh on my mind, I'm damn proud to be a republican who wants to keep my freedoms and rights and doesn't want to become dependant on uncle sam to hand me free crap. I thank you all, I will work for my food and pay my bills without help from a gouverment that would take my rights to carry and owen guns.....

it's happened in many countrys before ours and if we let them it will happen here...............

Muledeer4me... Thank you so much and How have you been?
God bless everyone.

sly

I was really pissed this morning but I went back through and read this with a clearer head (one not clouded with being pissed off at the rounds of infighting which have ruined a lot of threads in this place) and these are my observations.

Slydog made only one mistake, he posted this originally in fireside. Other than that he made his views known without taking any personal potshots (that I could perceive) and I commend him for that.

I on the other hand took rude potshots at half the people on this board in sweeping generalizations when in actuality I am annoyed at just a few individuals, most of whom have not even posted on this thread. For that I sincerely apologize. It is hugely unfair of me to be annoyed at others for doing exactly what I did right here. I seem to be having a week of doing this and I need to cut it out right now.

Beyond that, Ithaca I was deeply injured by the personal crack you took at me. I am fully aware that what I do in the adult forum is not rocket science. It does however entertain people which is my goal and every once in a while I do sneak in some useful information, it just happens to be dressed up in language people are willing to hear. I think that Americans have pushed aside their sexuality for so long and hidden it and made it dirty and secret that it actually fuels a lot of crimes against women and incidences of teen pregnancies. The new sex-ed textbooks being approved for our high schools, I have heard, are forced to primarily focus (75%) of their teaching based on abstinance and they suggest only fleetingly a "barrier" method of contraception never once mentioning the word condom. That makes me ill. If I were to make one of my infamous polls asking how many people had their first sexual experience before the age of 18, I would place bets that close to 80% would say they had. To cover our eyes to that is sad. If I can help to create open discussions about sexuality between people then I will, and I feel grateful that I have a forum in which to do just that.

Again I apologize for my rudeness earlier. I was out of line.

NOW Kiss and Make up and HAve a 3 some ;)

I'm not a republican (or demecrat actually) But I like a President that can Open up a Can of WHOOP ASS !!!

RAH RAH RAH... GOoooooooooooo BUSH !!!

Mojave (SIS), Lighten the Fugg up or I'll need to bann you ;) PS, Vicki is on her eway over with the Kids.. I better not se any posts while you're watching my kids tonight ;)

Also, my President has the courage and determination to get the job done and has done so with 1 / 16 of the losses that we have ever seen in a war before, thats a real good thing. He has the respect of the service men and women.

sly
SD,
What in the hell are you talking about. LMAO I get this mental image of Dubya standing on the hummer striking the "Patten" stance, pipe in hand, aviator shades and hand on hip declaring the end of the war.
Hell Bill Gates did more for the war then Dubya. Get real!!

Chas

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back