This Made My,,,,

Hunterman

,,,,Day :D I was looking through my old 3 x 5 card box the other day,,,and found an old special elk hunt app. (that I didn't draw) and had 1 bonus point, that I have never used :D and this was back in 1996..that was the last time I bought an elk tag in this state..Its been longer that I've hunted elk here.

I know were there are a couple of elk herds, and Lady Nutcracker and I have been talking about getting an elk tag this year, putting in for a hard to draw area(just to get the points) then hunt the herds around the house..(About all western Washington is 3 point bull or better),,Or head to eastern Washington for a spike... The only problem is that the season is only about a week long ( days max in western Wash.)

Ok guys, and gals, talk me into hunting elk again in Washington...Who knows I just might find a half dead bull someplace..

Hunterman(Tony)

Hunterman,

You just have to go elk hunting. Besides, what could you possibly find to do that week that would be more important than elk hunting??? :confused:

I know how you feel though. I haven't gone after elk seriously since I drew a special permit in 1996. (maybe I got yours :D) There's just so many hunters in this state, and not enough elk hunting area to keep people spread out. I have decided that this year I'm going to hunt the entire season, and we're gonna hunt it hard. My brother and I are gonna do the muzzleloader season this year though, in eastern Wa. It's only a 7 day season, whereas rifle season is 9 days. But, we get to hunt while they're bugling. hump
Of course, it's spike only, unless I get lucky and draw a bull permit, but to me the meat is much more important than the antlers. :D

I hope you put in and I really hope you draw Tony... :)

Good luck on both of you guys...

there aint nothing better than to wait to see if u draw. and when u do ull get the fever all over agian and never look back. just member even if u dont get 1 there aint nothing better than being out in the mountains and enjoying life. i hope that u put in for elk this year and get that fever!!! good luck to u!!!

You are so right Zuni. Not a day passes that I don't daydream about that one week a year in the mountains chasing elk.

I've been looking in the game regs. and I think I can put in for an antlerless permit, and spend the season in the woods looking for a nice fat cow hump Even if I don't draw a tag, I'll still spend the season by myself in the woods hump Look out elk here I come

Hunterman(Tony)

Hunterman....have you ever thought about archery for elk. Maybe you already do, I don't know. What I do know is I took it up two years ago, so far elk only, but has totally rejuvinated me when it comes to elk season.

Still trying to draw that any bull tag, but man is it fun to hunt over east in the middle of Sept. when the elk are ruttin' and bugling. Most of the units over there are spike or cow with bow and you know it would be sweet to stick a fat cow and let those little spikeys grow up. :D

Well it don't look like I'm going to be putting in for any elk hunts this year...After having to drop $265.00 to get the septic tank pumped out :eek: shot too big of a hole in my hunting funds :( So its just deer hunting this year hump Oh well, maybe next year hump

Hunterman(Tony)

Tony, If siphoning out your Hocky Locker puts you out of the hunt you should have tried to siphon it out yourself......you've siphoned gas before haven't you!

I think maybe I should have used Rid-X in the tank..Just a pack once a month, and I could be hunting elk..Live and learn I guess :cool: I might try to get out with my bow if Lady Nutcracker lets me..

Hunterman(Tony)

Tony you may want to look at ML Elk in Western Wa.If you look on page 39 theres a season 3 months long for them Roosies,any Elk.It is north of me up by Sedro Wooley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back