This just in...Feds/wolves/courts

I was just about to post this same arrival. Gotta love the tree hugging feds. I’m glad that wolves and grizzly are not protected where I hunt. Kill on site per GWs.
Not sure I understand this comment. "The tree hugging Feds" are the ones being sued by the litigator groups. The "Tree Hugging Feds" are who delisted the wolves and asked the states to take over. Not sure how they are the bad guy in this.

Sorry if I read your comment incorrectly. I often see people blaming "The Feds" for these issues when it is the USFWS who is on our side and who is getting sued for trying to hand control to the states.

Thankfully in Colorado we let the "real" scientists decide about wolf reintroduction. Makes a lot of us elk and deer enthusiasts at ease with the decision.
I would gladly take your wolves if MT can ship you the politicians and FWP leadership that wants to reduce our elk herd by an additional 50,000 elk statewide.

Not sure I understand this comment. "The tree hugging Feds" are the ones being sued by the litigator groups. The "Tree Hugging Feds" are who delisted the wolves and asked the states to take over. Not sure how they are the bad guy in this.

Sorry if I read your comment incorrectly. I often see people blaming "The Feds" for these issues when it is the USFWS who is on our side and who is getting sued for trying to hand control to the states.
I was referring to the Cali judge that made the ruling. I know he was a Bush appointee but nevertheless. I wasn’t so clear with my “Fed” part.

You do realize it was a GW Bush appointed judge presiding over his case, right?
Sure do but that doesn’t mean anything. I understand they follow the law when making decisions but in cases like these personal feelings and those of the anti folks do influence decisions. No many good decisions come out of Cali anyway on the pro side of things.

I would not recommend this strategy.

Although the elusive Sierra Madre/Colorado grizzly is still just a regular old black bear.
I get your point with that. Been told face to face by no less than 3 GWs in the last year that if a grizz (one I know for a fact is a grizz) shows up at one of my bait sites to kill it on site and let them deal with it. Now I have not seen one nor have I got one on camera but one was confirmed with 10 miles as the crow flys last year.

Sure do but that doesn’t mean anything. I understand they follow the law when making decisions but in cases like these personal feelings and those of the anti folks do influence decisions. No many good decisions come out of Cali anyway on the pro side of things.
What the heck are you talking about?

Been told face to face by no less than 3 GWs in the last year that if a grizz (one I know for a fact is a grizz) shows up at one of my bait sites to kill it on site and let them deal with it.
LOLZ. Good way for both of you to end up in prison.

Edit: a really good friend of mine works in the head shed in Cheyenne. Should I ask him about this directive?

I get your point with that. Been told face to face by no less than 3 GWs in the last year that if a grizz (one I know for a fact is a grizz) shows up at one of my bait sites to kill it on site and let them deal with it. Now I have not seen one nor have I got one on camera but one was confirmed with 10 miles as the crow flys last year.
Sorry, but I’m calling bullshit on that. I know the wardens there pretty well. Do you have trail cam pics of this griz?

I would get rid of the Equal Access to Justice Act before I got rid of the ESA.
I am not a fan of legislation by litigation, but there also needs to be a way for individual citizens to fight the leviathan that is our federal govt. So, I am willing to give some support for just about anything that lawfully pokes the leviathan in the eye.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back