Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

This chaps my arse!

I sweat alot - I use a balm that i put on when I'm in environments where I'm going to be sweating that helps it not be as bad.
My wife makes this balm - it was initially for diaper rash for our kids but we use it like Neosporin, rash cream, etc and it helps everything - we have a friend whose daughter had eczema and it was the only thing that helped her. So I put it on all the areas before I head out to help with the chaffing. - since I probably can't get you any of that you could possibly look at like BagBalm?

Another option would be to try a powder like GoldBond or ArrowRoot Powder to try to just stay dry.

My $.02! @OntarioHunter

Update: The isopropyl treatment seems to work. Cleared everything up nicely. I spent the day hunting geese in very humid conditions. Forgot my TP and had to make do with all natural wipes early in the day (skunk cabbage I think). Not the greatest but so far no ill effects.

Lotrimin jock itch spray right in the crack, seriously. That free healthcare in Canada must be so awesome that you've turned to a public hunting forum for help with an itchy ass.
My family doctor is a woman (and damn lucky to have one ... a family doctor I mean). Bad enough she must check my prostrate every couple of years, but that's life threatening checkup and necessary. Not very comfortable having to bother her with looking into this (wait ... is that another play on words?). However, on second thought, given that she's at least a hundred pounds overweight and sitting on her arse most of the time, I'm sure hers would be the voice of experience.

My family doctor is a woman (and damn lucky to have one ... a family doctor I mean). Bad enough she must check my prostrate every couple of years, but that's life threatening checkup and necessary. Not very comfortable having to bother her with looking into this (wait ... is that another play on words?). However, on second thought, given that she's at least a hundred pounds overweight and sitting on her arse most of the time, I'm sure hers would be the voice of experience.
Hmm I go to the dr of my choice

Didn’t you drive 14 hours or something to get your vaccine? Should be someone within that distance that could handle this issue?

Didn’t you drive 14 hours or something to get your vaccine? Should be someone within that distance that could handle this issue?
I didn't want to unnecessarily expose myself to potential COVID infection at a clinic or hospital over something this insignificant. Swamp butt may be an inconvenient pain in the ass but it won't kill me.

I left home at noon, crossed the border and drove straight to VA hospital in Minneapolis, arriving at 6:00 pm. Walked into the vaccine clinic, got my shot immediately, then down to an empty ER for COVID test swab. Drove to gas station and fueled up. Returned and waited in parking lot for test result, then drove straight back to the border. After jumping through red tape hoops there, I drove straight home and quarantined for two weeks where I tested negative twice (kits handed out at border and performed zoom with govt contracted nurse). People in town who waited in lines when vaccine was finally available here were much more at risk than me driving across the border. It was a helluva hassle but I got vaccinated and that's the important thing. I'm still alive and my daughter has peace of mind. I'm all she has left of our family, having already lost her mom and brother eleven years ago.

Last edited:
I carry a chapstick on my hunts. Helps with chapped lips and butt crack.

Do like me and just bring one stick, saves you the hassle of trying to figure out which one is for your lips and which is for your crack!
Have you tried the Duke Cannon offensively large lip balm? It should do double duty just fine.

Just buy a bidet. I got the Hello Tushy brand in March or April of 2020 during the TP craze. My wife and I love it.

Back