Thinking Of Shooting A Doe...

"Rolled a grenade in the room"
Is that like *fragging* somebody;)?

Guys, I am sorry I rolled a grenade in the room however the post was so stupid I couldn't resist. Someone please tell me he is a PETA troll just trying to stir up hate and discontent.

Take a guest, let them shoot your doe. That'l open it up for more bucks next year then. Too many does, not enough bucks, shoot a trophy doe. I hope you get the biggest one!

What is a trophy doe? A large dry one? Have knocked down a few does over the years instead of shooting a dink because I wanted him to grow up. A trophy hunter by no means due to having five grandkids.
To us it is the quest and meeting up at dark to discuss what went wrong. Warm up some dinner and have a beverage or three and start all over 0430-0500 next morning.

To us it is the quest and meeting up at dark to discuss what went wrong. Warm up some dinner and have a beverage or three and start all over 0430-0500 next morning

You said it. The best places have no cell coverage and you can't wait to ask, "Well, what'd you see?"...when you get back to camp.

I have a hard time too. The first 65 of the 110 does that I have killed out of my neighbor's corn field in the last three years on damage permits really tore me up!:hump: It is really hard to choke down that June/July/August fat, unmolested venison. Just awful!:D It would be sOOOO much better if it had antlers.:eek:

Good meat and good management

Once you taste a young doe you'll be buying a B tag every year! Like others have said, get them pre-rut when they aren't filled with hormones and man are they tasty.

It has also been shown that taking mature does past their prime out of the herd to maintain a proper buck to doe ratio helps produce more mature bucks (Whitetails). I can't remember what that ratio is, but I'm sure if you do a little googling it won't be hard to find.

whoa take it EZ guys

It shouldn't come as a surprise about only shooting bucks. For the longest time hunting was about shooting the bucks, it wasn't until recently that hunters started to realize managing your does would help the health of the herd. Back then predator numbers were a lot higher and food was more abundant so the issue was never realized. Educate em, don't bash em!

So whitetails that feed on corn don't taste so good huh? I thought that would make them yummy. Are they gamy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back