Things that Make me Laugh....

JoseCuervo

Every year, I send the State of Arizona $126, in hopes they will send me an Elk tag back. So far, they have not been accomodating. (CJ, any chance you can talk to somebody down there, and have them drop me a tag in the mail??)
wink.gif

But somehow, the State of AZ sells (or gives) my name to these guys in MO.
antlerpanarama.jpg

Yep, as I don't get a tag to hunt AZ, I must be ready to drop $6500 to kill a 6x6 in MO. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The prices listed below are approximate and vary with each bull hunted.
Age Yrs. Size Price Approx. Wt.

1-1/2Yrs 2x2 $3,000 600 lbs.

2-1/2Yrs 3x3 $3,500 650 lbs.

2-1/2Yrs 4x4 $4,500 750 lbs.

3-1/2 to 4Yrs 5x5 $5,500 800 lbs.

5 to 7Yrs 6x6 $6,500 900 - 1,000 lbs.

7Yrs+ 7x7 $7,500 & up 1,000 lbs.

7+Yrs 8x8 $10,000 & up 1,050 - 1,100 lbs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it sounds like a "quality" experience...
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The elk are here! We have a breeding program in which we are continually changing genetics to build larger trophy animals for you, the trophy hunter. Last season we culled 65 bull elk from the herds: one 10 x 8 Monarch, seven 6 x 6 Royals, eight 5 x 5's, one 4 x 4, one 3 x 3, and one non-typical.

We have 3 x 3 bulls to Royal 6 x 6 and 7 x 7 Imperials and, on occasion, we have the 8 x 8 Monarch. It is our plan to reduce our numbers this season (September through March) by 50 bulls on a first come, first serve basis.

We had 100% sucess for the last 19 years. Who else can claim this? The longest hunt was three days for a 10 x 8 Monarch bull. This magnificent animal was taken by a lady hunter.

On rare occasions we have to hunt by horseback, but normally it is by 4x4 with a final stalk on foot. Your guide will expertly skin your trophy and quarter your meat. And, MISSOURI'S HUNTING PERMIT FEE IS ONLY $5.00 FOR THREE DAYS!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Look at the Belly on this guy...
deerPhoto2b.jpg

You would think they would notice I don't have a Texas address, and not waste the postage on me.... :
biggrin.gif

I got that exact same flier twice. Even after I drew a non res permitt. I guess they think I would be willing to pay for a farm animal if I can't get one on my own...

Ivan

Elkgunner i wish i could help you out, my mother-inlaw works in the draw dept. and i can`t get a tag! she insists it`s on the up&up [the draw]. Hell ive kept her pretty little daughter happy for over 25 yrs. youd think she would help me out,those [elk] racks are nice but appear a little skinny, nice healthy looking deer.

ElkGunner, do you want to come here to hunt my dog?? It will probably be about as challenging as getting yourself a trophy bull with those folks.
rolleyes.gif

They forgot to mention that the reason that lady took 3 days to kill a bull was because she ran out of ammo the first 2 days and can not shoot for shit. What a joke.

No, the reason she shot it was because somebody had a fat wallet, and would pay the going price for her to kill that bull.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

The bad thing is, now she's gonna think she's a "hunter".
rolleyes.gif

Lets just back up here a minute.

Elkgunner you live in Idaho?

And you are bitching cuz you didn't get the tag you wanted in Arizona?

Shit man! I can't draw a decent goat tag in this state! 8 points and no takers for mule on 3 and 301.

And I been a resident all my life. Hell, like a moron I even paid my state taxes when I didn't have to being in the military

What a dumbass I was

But I have talked to two guys from out of state who have these tags.

One had NO points and one had 3.

Oh yeah, one of my guys drew with 3.

As far as Missouri goes.

Why laugh at people who are just having a good time?

Mule,

Nahh... not bitching about not drawing in AZ. I know it will take me 4-5 years to get the points to draw the unit I want. Just my entry fee, every summer, I send $126 down South... but soon, I will have the AZ tag, for 5-600$

And my laughter is at a "ranch" that would think an Idahoan applying to AZ would want a canned "shoot" for Elk. Two completely different sports, in my opinion....

Gee, Mule, I drew a buck antelope tag for the NW corner of the state this year with only three points. Maybe it's just your attitude...

Oak

Hey Mule,

I am thinking if I ever want to hunt Colorado, I should probably put in a "party" application with Oak...
biggrin.gif
That boy seems to collect the tags in Colorado....
cool.gif

Mule, why bitch about not drawing Colorado?

You live in CO, which is adjacent to the state with the highest population of pronghorn in the world.

It would be difficult for me to say what I would do if I couldnt draw CO??????

Well Buzz lets do some math here. I wouldn't know if I drew a colorado goat tag or not until June. And the deadline to apply for a goat tag in Wyoming is March. I will agree Wyoming is the best for goats.

Oak
Yea maybe its my attitude. Or maybe they are giving preference to guys who need to shed a few pounds as an incentive
wink.gif

Sorry Mule, I should have known that its flat impossible for you to hunt 2 states for antelope in a given year...

Having to hire 2 outfitters/guides and putting deposits down before the draws is a problem.

Gee Buzz

Sorry I can't contribute my whole $*)Q!#@$ life to hunting like you.

Running a business and having kids tends to take forefront.

You got either?

Gee Mule, a bit touchy arent you?

Anyone that owns a rifle, a few rounds of ammo, a half reliable rig and lives in CO should be able to bag an antelope in Wyoming on a day trip...or really take your time and spend...a WHOLE weekend.

I'd disown a family and a business if I couldnt break away for a weekend to shoot an antelope...you got some weird priorities dude.

Besides that, the guide would do all the work on your antelope hunt anyway.

You would disown your family over hunting and my priorities are screwed up???

Man you are a bigger asshole than I thought.

Just so ya know I have hunted antelope in wyoming. About 60 miles north of you. And youre right an antelope hunt takes about a day. Now if you can get wyoming to sell me a tag over the counter I'll come right up.

I've met a few guys like you. Family has to take a backseat to daddies hobbies.

And a so far as this guide shit goes I have been on ONE guided hunt in my entire life. I'll bet you have shelled out more money to hunting and fishing guides than I have.

Mule, why should Wyoming sell you an OTC antelope permit?

Just apply like everyone else and hunt antelope in WY, or quit your bitching about not drawing CO. You seem to be plumb full of excuses...my family, my business, CO wont give me a permit, WY wont sell me an OTC tag, blah, blah, blah. You have options, its your own fault you're a failure at not being able to hunt antelope.

When I checked about three weeks ago, there were still plenty of tags available for certain areas. Quite a few around Laramie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back