Things in the wilderness that you cant "unsee"

I've seen a one-legged man bathing with a woman while I was fly fishing on the Little Truckee. It was one of those times you find yourself staring and squinting real hard (you know you shouldn't, but just can't help it) to see if what you think you are seeing is really what you are seeing.

Most of my stories are while fishing. Most recently the wife and I were bass fishing on Owyhee res this year for our anniversary. We were trolling along without saying much and came around a corner to where a hot springs pipe drains into the res like a shower I'm at the head of the boat and see two 50+ year old men naked and showering on the deck of a pontoon boat well I thought it was funny so I just keep on trolling by until my wife gets a look at how lucky she really is. :D We had a great laugh.
The best part is we get back to the camp grounds at dark and see that they are camping next to us.
I have seen quite a few things while trolling along banks with an electric motor.

ran into a couple hippies growing weed in Idaho a few years ago they weren't confrontational probably because they were stoned out of their minds, I'm sure the forest service had a field day with them.

Tame in comparison to the poundtown story, my worst was a dark thirty headlamp full moon view of an oversized guy taking a dump on the side of the trail. At least it wasn't on the trail. I've heard of a guy who had a spotting scope view of a woman wrangler spearing the fish. That was in the Canadian Bush, and it was not a pretty sight.:D

During last deer season my buddy John and I were out and came around a in his truck trying to get to a landing on a spur road so we could glass a clear cut from the high point and a freaking car was in the middle of the road , dude was getting his his pistol a spit and polish job , don't know what surprised me more , him gettin a hummer or the fact he got his car that far back in the hills , I've been hunting that area for 3 season now and never have seen anything back in there but 4x4's . It is an awkward moment when that happens , her head shot up so fast , h ha ha ha , there was no turn around so we had to back out . Nothing like hunting :hump:

P.S. Now that I've been divorced for 4 years , poundtown is a place I get to hangout more often ! Ha ha

Last edited:
Not so much what I saw but what others saw....of me :eek: Dad and I were going fishing on a remote lake. We parked the truck, made it about 10 feet and heard a "whoosh" sound from under the truck hood and saw smoke rolling out. Immediately popped the hood and saw flames. Being about 1/2 mile walk from the lake, we knew we couldn't make it there for water and who carries a fire extinguisher? Next option? Pee on It! It put it out, but not before a guy and his family showed up. Moral of the story ,always check for oil leaks and carry a fire extinguisher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bowhunter3303
Back