Therm-a-Rest Neoair Sleeping Pad

I got a new Prolite 3 for a song this summer ($30), and then saw the Neoair. I've heard good things about it, but am a little concerned about durability?

I think you should test run it on your sheep hunt and let me know what you think. ;)

Dang. One more thing to think about. I also have a Thermarest Prolite 3 and like it a lot... but this thing looks thicker and lighter. I'm an unapologetic 'weight weeny' and if I can find something that performs better, and weighs less... I'm in. Watching the reviews too.

Most everything I've heard is positive about the neo air. What I've been "weighing" is that for 7 more ounces, very little difference in packed size and half the price you can get the POE Ether Thermo 6 that is also 2.5" thick but with an R-Value of 6.8 (The Neo has an R-value of 2.5). That will make a huge difference on cold ground. If you can get away with a short pad, the 2/3 length ET6 is only 16 oz..

Still, I think I may get the Neo since the ground usually isn't terribly cold during archery season when I spend most of my time in the tent.

Last edited:
I've had an AirCore since 2004 and haven't had problem one with it. Mind you, I haven't used it 40+ nights a year, but it has always worked for me. Besides, I figure as fat as I am, a few nights with me on it would be about like a month of wear of a normal man! :D

They now make an lighter version if your counting oz...

I've had the AC for 3 years now averaged about 20 nights a year on it I suppose. I like it well enough, but it can be quite chilly if it gets below about 25. I spent probalby 30 nights on it this summer/fall and didn't have any problems other than a couple nights getting a little chilled when it got below freezing. A cheap foam pad or a few cloths under it solves the problem. I do worry about taking it on a trip and having a failure and not having a back up of some sort. at least with a thermorest you have the foam for insulation if you can't patch it.

I upgraded from several different Thermarest pads to the NeoAir. I love it and haven't slept better. I have about 25 nights on the thing with no leaks. I was and still am a little concerned about the material. Very thin. It is quite a bit lighter than the Big Agnes pad. Worth every penny in my opinion. Ed F

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about the Neoair pads. After seeing Randy sleeping like a baby on one I finally got one for myself. I ended up getting it at the REI scratch and dent sale. Bought 2 of them and found the tiny pin hole leaks and patched them up.

I have to say that this is the best pad I've ever owned. They are really comfortable and pack down real small. I used it on my sheep hunt and will not go out again without it. If your on the fence about them, I would highly recommend them.

I was cheap and bought a Big Agnes. It is plenty comfy enough. Blowing that thing up will leave you a little dazed at times.

Funny now that I am a couple inches off the ground, my shoulders hurt when I sleep on my back because my arms hang off the dam pad. Still WAY better than the Prolite.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back