MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

There's a marmot in my truck

Honest story - A friend told me that if you get a marmot in your engine bay (or in your case over the gas tank) they won't leave... I thought his story was BS, but I have now heard several others confirm his account.

He tried:
Bear Spray (Says he painted the marmots face orange... then got himself!!)
Driving fast
Hitting the brakes
Sharp sticks etc.

Nothing worked... Finally pulled his car into a nearby lake using the boat ramp and the sucker finally swam out.

Best of luck - the more you harass them, the more they want to hide.

Honest story - A friend told me that if you get a marmot in your engine bay (or in your case over the gas tank) they won't leave... I thought his story was BS, but I have now heard several others confirm his account.

He tried:
Bear Spray (Says he painted the marmots face orange... then got himself!!)
Driving fast
Hitting the brakes
Sharp sticks etc.

Nothing worked... Finally pulled his car into a nearby lake using the boat ramp and the sucker finally swam out.

Best of luck - the more you harass them, the more they want to hide.
Winner winner chicken dinner, I'm doing it... maybe.

Need to check, might be above the doors.

UPDATE: NO! I would need to put in 8" above the door seals to get to top of the gas tank.

A small dog or a cat might be your answer. Finally a worthwhile cause for the in laws ankle biter?

Can you see it?

I'll telling you he isn't in the engine compartment. He's sitting on top of the gas tank with is under the rear seat and the bed.

Do you think heat with drive him out? It's supposed to hit 90 today. I could also put a heater under there or run the truck or both.
Seriously, shouldn't this work? I mean 90 deg, plus in the sun, plus a space heater under it. That lil f-er should bake in his fur coat.

A friend of mine had a marmot latch onto his truck during a trip to the beartooths. We eventually captured him with a catch pole and executed him with a .22. YMMV...

Yeah but, there’s no real pizazz to that option. I mean can’t you go with one of the more dangerous, destructive options? Think about your fans!
The more I thought about this though, he's sitting on the gas tank, which will stay cool/cooler, so if anything he'll likely just hunker harder. Unless I could really cook him one being on black asphalt in +100 deg temps.

Zinc Phosphate laden marmot snacks? Neither quick or exciting though.

The more I thought about this though, he's sitting on the gas tank, which will stay cool/cooler, so if anything he'll likely just hunker harder. Unless I could really cook him one being on black asphalt in +100 deg temps.
I guess the whole gas tank location thing rules out fireworks as an option? Maybe, maybe not...?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back