"The Tone"

Kiwi thanks for the local info...gotta laugh a bit at the posts, same bashing back and forth as all forums :D

One question though, what's with all the talk of chopper hunting- do they really cull that much game over there and for what reasons? :confused:

Gidday Marv, thats a long answer to a short question mate :), basically it depends on what the demand is from Europe and the United States for wild game meat, and what the Department of Conservation term are manageable animals numbers in different areas, you have to remember that N.Z. was mammal free untill settled by the British who introduced almost all game animals ( along with Prez Ruzzie who donated Elk, whitetail and Mulies} so basically they are all termed as introduced pests and are treated as such by the relevant government agencies, its only in the last decade that active lobbying by hunting sportsman is slowly turning the tide to treating our 7 species of Deer, thar, rabbits, hares, wallabys, goats, pigs and Chamois as a recreational resource, along with trout and salmon fishing and all kind of sporting birds.

{P.S. you wonder where all the sports stars and actors hide out hump }

Regards

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff for the reply. Was just wondering, since many of those posts referenced shooting "samller animals" before the gov. choppers got them.
Hard to believe it's economical to chopper hunt NZ game and ship it all the way to the US for sale....course people wil buy anything over here! ;)

I have a quick question-in reading some of the forums I got the impression that recovering 100% of the meat from the animal is "optional".

Is this the case or did I mis-understand some of the comments?

You read correctly, there is no legal provision to recovering meat and or antlers/horns, most including myself take out the backsteaks the rear wheels and kick the rest down the hill :D .

More cool pics, thanks. Sorry I didn't get to this early, work is kind of a crazy deal at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back