Caribou Gear

The struggle

Hilljackoutlaw

Every year as the best part of the 365 gets closer things start moving so slow i can't stand it. On Saturday 5 friends and family will arrive from Pennsylvania to the wall tent ⛺ to hunt elk and a few for deer. Preparations have been done for weeks now in anticipation and excitement so now there is nothing to do but wait. Will be 5 days in the wall tent in southeast Idaho then 2 of us will pack up and spend 11 in Frank Church as the others stay 3 more in the wall tent. To me there is nothing better than the time spent and comraderie that we share this time every year. The waiting seems to take forever and then in a snap of the fingers were all back to work texting about the previous couple weeks events. Anyone else struggling to power thru the last few days of work and lawn mowing so they can get to the promise land?

Every year as the best part of the 365 gets closer things start moving so slow i can't stand it. On Saturday 5 friends and family will arrive from Pennsylvania to the wall tent ⛺ to hunt elk and a few for deer. Preparations have been done for weeks now in anticipation and excitement so now there is nothing to do but wait. Will be 5 days in the wall tent in southeast Idaho then 2 of us will pack up and spend 11 in Frank Church as the others stay 3 more in the wall tent. To me there is nothing better than the time spent and comraderie that we share this time every year. The waiting seems to take forever and then in a snap of the fingers were all back to work texting about the previous couple weeks events. Anyone else struggling to power thru the last few days of work and lawn mowing so they can get to the promise land?
After the scout this weekend my struggle is more real and painful than ever....... throw in some cooler weather to make things drag even more

After the scout this weekend my struggle is more real and painful than ever....... throw in some cooler weather to make things drag even more
Yes the scouting just drives the nail in harder. And as for weather its 59 degrees here today right now. What a day it would be in the woods!

I'll add to my original post and urge everyone to honestly take in the time spent with whomever ur hunting with cause it won't go on forever or if your by yourself be present while out in the field. You are chasing the wapiti but enjoy all that surrounds you while chasing them. Keep a journal or just take field notes as they help to look back on when waiting for the next season. As atleast for me I tend to forget lots of things so it helps.

No not at all. It's not like I don't have my car and all my stuff loaded, food ready, bow sighted in. Definitely looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone.

I’m right there with you man. I should be sleeping right now. I wake up in 4 hours to catch my flight to Colorado for archery opener. I’m spending 8 days CO OTC, then I’m off to MT general for 8 days. I’m still new to elk hunting, but after having success last year and enjoying elk meat all year long I am really feeling the pressure this year. My wife and two year old daughter are counting on me to bring home the meat... so ya, I’m ready to just get out there! Good luck to you brother, hope you make some killer memories.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back