PEAX Equipment

The Straw the Broke the Camels Back (Fords....)

One advantage of someone else doing it is, if things don't work, then it's on them. Bleeding brakes by yourself sucks without the tools for it.
I never thought bleeding my brakes by myself was too terrible....but then again I rotated tires on a 3/4 ton by hand for 5 years before I bought an air gun.

yeah and I have to be somewhere friday evening, if I had the weekend to do it and the fiancee was here with a back up car I'd feel more comfortable but it sounds like brake bleeding can be a pain.
As long as you don’t lose all your fluid with the caliper change.... make quick work of getting the banjo bolt back on you should be fine, you should be able to gravity bleed it most of, if not all the way. No need for a special too.

If you run the system out of fluid. You’ll likely need a scan tool to bleed the abs module.

If she can help you it’s not too bad. Calipers are easy to change out

Unfortunately I'm going to see her and I'd have to drive 300mi on the seized caliper to get there. I just drove again for lunch and there wasn't any squealing like yeassterday after I did the full clean before work at 4am this morning. The tire was still tight to spin when I had it jacked up but maybe that was because the pads still were worn unevenly and I just gotta break them in. I was going to say *brake * them in, for a pun, but this truck is making me lose my humor ha!

If you see a thread in the for sale forum, it's for definitely for a different truck that coincidentally had all new tires, new brakes, new AC and maybe a new caliper put on in the last four weeks, total coincidence :ROFLMAO::p any takers? And no I can't show you the carfax

Wow, most folks buy a truck, have a bad experience, then rant (including myself). Buying 4 of the same brand new and they all suck is definitely a pattern. Or next-level bad luck.

What are you going with next time? All of the big 3 one tons have been redesigned so they're kinda unknown right now.

I am leaning toward going with GMC 2500 3/4 ton Duramax's for the remaining three trucks.

That's what we ran before (and what I personally have now, although mine is a 3500) and had much better luck with them then these latest Fords

To update the story as of this afternoon, I did leverage Ford into a pretty favorable trade on the blown engine truck and am trading that in on an new F250.

Yeah, I'm probably an idiot for going with another Ford but trading it off for a new Ford was about the only leverage I had. The dealership actually stepped up and met all my demands which included buying the truck at their cost and a pretty dang good trade value considering the trade in has a blown engine so I do have to give them credit for that. I didn't think they would do that so I did appreciate it.

It was much more than I thought I was going to get although they probably think I'm going to be trading off three more and buying three more Fords but that ain't happening!

Lastly, I don't mean to be blasting Fords because I know some people have had great luck with them and hate other manufacturers but this experience has really soured me.

Reactions: LCH
I am leaning toward going with GMC 2500 3/4 ton Duramax's for the remaining three trucks.

That's what we ran before (and what I personally have now, although mine is a 3500) and had much better luck with them then these latest Fords

To update the story as of this afternoon, I did leverage Ford into a pretty favorable trade on the blown engine truck and am trading that in on an new F250.

Yeah, I'm probably an idiot for going with another Ford but trading it off for a new Ford was about the only leverage I had. The dealership actually stepped up and met all my demands which included buying the truck at their cost and a pretty dang good trade value considering the trade in has a blown engine so I do have to give them credit for that. I didn't think they would do that so I did appreciate it.

It was much more than I thought I was going to get although they probably think I'm going to be trading off three more and buying three more Fords but that ain't happening!

Lastly, I don't mean to be blasting Fords because I know some people have had great luck with them and hate other manufacturers but this experience has really soured me.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to do the right thing. Too bad that dealer doesnt sell GMs, at least in your case.

Seems to me, at least in diesel trucks, (and gassers with GM) GM and Dodge have stayed the course with their engines. Ford however, seems to change and keep searching for a good one. mtmuley

Seems to me, at least in diesel trucks, (and gassers with GM) GM and Dodge have stayed the course with their engines. Ford however, seems to change and keep searching for a good one. mtmuley
The ford 6.7 has been built by ford since 2011. It’s pretty solid!!! Now the predecessors to the 6.7 were all built by Navistar/international.

Now as far as staying the course, let’s not forget dodge does NOT make their Diesel engine (it’s a Cummins produced by Cummins), and as far as Gm they don’t produce theirs the duramax is produced by Isuzu.

They all have their own issues. Everyone knocked the early ford 6.0 for its injectors. Yup it was a horrible design. Funny thing is I was changing the same era duramax injectors at almost the same rate. But all the gm diehards somehow kept the spotlight of the dirtymax 😂

I've owned mostly Toyotas and GM trucks. I finally gave up on GM about 10 years ago. Toyotas are outrageously expensive so I decided to go out on a limb and try a Ford F-150. At first I enjoyed the power and the room inside the cab. However the honeymoon quickly ended about 3 months after buying it. From that point on and for the next 4 years it was just one repair after another, with some being extremely expensive! I traded it off for a Toyota 4Runner. I learned my lesson. I will absolutely NEVER buy another Ford F150 for the rest of my life!!! So brother I feel your pain.

To be fair a lot of that is the same issues over again, suggesting crappy mechanical work. How many miles? All FoMoCo parts?
1. Air bag lite. Part fixed?
2. Ac failure. Part fixed? Their was probably contaminates in the ac system after the first failure. Ie bad mechanic or customer asking for cheap service.
3. Cracked water pump. Probably just a bad part/unavoidable by you. But had the coolant been changed as per service requirement? Just go ahead and change it every 60k regardless of MSSI.
4. Coolant T. Again serviced coolant? Work done in proximity to hoses?
5. brake caliper. Salted roads? Muddy roads? When was the last time the brake fluid was changed?
6. Lug nuts. Bad design change them out asap. Preferably before any issues.
7. Broken wire. Has the wire ever been handled or unplugged/plugged? Work by or in close proximity to? It's usually after I or somebody has worked on or around a wire that it become an issue I rarely find failures of untouched factory wiring.
I point this out not to blame but to add perspective.
Keep in mind that many auto makers (BMW, Toyota, honda,Subaru, VW) have frequent service intervals ie. Brake fluid every 30k,
Coolant every 45k, diff oils every 30k, ect.
The wifes car would have a $1000 service every 30k if following MSSI but would be trouble free for many miles if followed. The question is does the cost of the service save more than the cost of the breakdowns?
I don't think I helped your frustration but I wish you better luck.

People actually change fluids on vehicles besides oil? I never changed any fluid on my last x2 SUVs (Toyota traded in with 250k still running great and my current Honda with 200k still running great). My dads Tundra he bought in 2001 has well over 200k and I’m certain he never has either.

I feel guilty and lazy reading some of this! Lol

People actually change fluids on vehicles besides oil? I never changed any fluid on my last x2 SUVs (Toyota traded in with 250k still running great and my current Honda with 200k still running great). My dads Tundra he bought in 2001 has well over 200k and I’m certain he never has either.

I feel guilty and lazy reading some of this! Lol
Just keep in mind that you throw your warranty out the window by not doing it. you might not think that changing the brake fluid is a major warranty issue until you buy an abs module for 1k that would have been covered.

Ok, I'll tell my Ford story.....

I bought my guys four brand new 2016 F350 diesel crew cabs.

All four of them have been the biggest pieces of shiiiiiiiiiitttt. Just had one of them blow an engine with 119,000 mostly highway miles on it. The other three have cost me a pretty penny ever since they got off warranty.

Ford wants $ 12,000 to replace the engine. H-E-L-L no!!!

Not sure what the heck to do other than start replacing them with something else starting now before they eat me out of house and home.

Been a very frustrating experience and the local dealership hasn't been exactly helpful or supportive which pisses me off worse after investing that kind of money three years ago with them.

Rant over, my apologies! :)
4x4? What do you want for the one with the blown motor?

Just keep in mind that you throw your warranty out the window by not doing it. you might not think that changing the brake fluid is a major warranty issue until you buy an abs module for 1k that would have been covered.

Good point re: the warranty, probably wise to keep up with it for that reason (among many other reasons I’m sure).

I feel sorry for anybody with a newer ford,,{2003+} they have really gone down hill from there..2002 7.3 was the last good ford imo,,,i went dodge.

I owned two F-250's for a total of about 30 years, all kinds of issues i considered normal wear and tear, until a bought a Tundra. I have owned the truck since 2010. 2 Normal things, a brake job and a new battery - that's it, just saying.

I like ford trucks plenty. But I bought a new ram in 2014 and realized how much “normal maintenance” the ford required.

I’m back in a ford now but man not for long. It’s not the same.

Back